Chapter 34 - Locker

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Hiro Mashima
Warning : Swearing & mature themes.

~Natsu POV~

Lucy had calmed down a little by the time we got to school and decided to go off with her friends to take her mind off things.

I began to walk the hallway on my own, feeling more isolated than ever. The news about Lucy's mum really put a grey cloud over my head. Even though she isn't my own mother, I felt close to her.

But I have to keep my promise to her. I have to keep Lucy safe. I promised I would.

The bell rang, breaking through my thoughts and I quickly made my way to class, keeping my head down and avoiding any sort of conversation with anyone. Today I wasn't even in the mood to speak to my friends. The only person on my mind right now is Lucy.

"Oi, oi. It's Dragneel boy." Said an irritating voice, next to the classroom door.

I focused my gaze to the ground and reached for the classroom's door handle.

"Not so fast." The voice said, grabbing me by my shoulders and pushing me into the locker opposite the door. My back collided with the cold metal surface, but any pain I should've been in was blocked by my internally pained self. "Where were you yesterday ?"

I kept my gaze to the ground, not bothering to look up at the person who was speaking to me. There was no point in looking up anyway. I mean the black leather boots and black skinny jeans have it all away.

"Answer me !" He said pushing my back more forcefully into the locker. I clenched my jaw, as anger began racing through my veins.

"Get the fuck away from me." I cursed, still not making eye contact with him. My fist was balled up next to my leg, aching with desperation to take a swing at this idiots face.

"Not until you answer my question." He said through clenched teeth. "Where did you take her ? Where is she right now ?!"

"It's none of your fucking  business where my girlfriend is." I spat angrily. My chest was beginning to rise up and down at a much more rapid rate than normal.

"She's not your girlfriend. She won't be for long anyway. As soon as her mother dies I'll be her fiancée and I have the papers to prove it. She had no choice now." He laughed.

My head snapped up. "She's not an item, she's a human being ! A contract won't do anything !" I shouted.

"Oh, I finally have your attention."  He smiled. "Is your dad enjoying his job ? Oh wait. I forgot he got fired this morning."

"What ?!" I snapped angrily. "You can't do this !" I felt the vein in my neck pulsing with rage.

"What ? What can I not do ? Marry your girlfriend or take your fathers job from him ?" He smirked evilly.

"Neither. Lucy's mum won't sign the contract anyway ! Two guardians of her have to sign it !" I shouted.

"Oh but they have. I'm surprised Lucy's dad moved on so fast ! And to just think this little scandal was happening right under your noses. You'll never believe who it is."  He smiled amused.

"Leave. Lucy. Alone." I said through gritted teeth. I was more mad than ever.

"Sorry, can't leave my future wife alone. Ahh soon there will be mini Lucy's and me running around and I'll be able to kiss her whenever and I will be able to call her mine. Those beautiful plump limps will belong to me and me-"

My anger could no longer contain itself. I raised my fist to hit Max but he beat me to it. He caught my fist with his hand and punched me in the face, causing me to fall to the ground onto my knees.