Chapter 13 - Bad News

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.
Warning: Swearing
~Natsu POV~

"I killed my sister." I froze in my footsteps, unable of what to say or do as I adjusted my phone in my pocket which was recording a live stream....

I know, I'm an asshole but I wanted revenge...except I didn't know Lucy killed someone. I thought it would be a dumb secret.

I fidget in my pocket trying to turn the live stream button off but Lucy grabbed my arm, stopping me from doing so. I felt my heart race quicken in fear that she'd kill me too.

"W-wait-"

"I didn't kill her...I just feel responsible for her death that's all..if only I had gotten help she'd be alive. But I just stood there, watching helplessly as my sister was getting slaughtered in front of me and-"

Lucy unexpectedly broke down into tears, letting go of my arm and dropping down to her knees.

The guilt immediately began to kick in for what I'd just done. I just managed to turn off the live stream at the point where Lucy said she felt as if was her fault although she didn't do it..nevertheless it will definitely get twisted into some sick story by tomorrow and they'll start bullying her mercilessly and it will all be my fault.

Leaving the hatred aside, and what I'd just done, I decided all I could do now is go along with the act- except actually show some support and make her tell me the real story, which of course I wouldn't utter a word of.

If only I knew this secret was the one Lucy was on about then of course I wouldn't of had live streamed the conversation.

"What exactly happened...If you don't mind me asking ?" I said taking a seat next to her on the floor.

"My sister got into a bad circle of friends in school you know. She was such s genuine girl before she mixed in with the wrong crowd. Anyway, there was this boy she fell for, a real badass dude. She fancied his pants off basically and one day she invited him over to our house. Next minute I heard screams coming from downstairs and I immediately ran to see what was going on. When I got there the guy just...he was stabbing her repeatedly as she mercilessly tried to get away. It was useless. My sister saw me and told me to call help but I couldn't move. It's all my fault Natsu ! If I had called for help maybe they would've saved her. Still to this day, I don't know why on earth he decided to kill my sister but spare me who witnessed the whole scene. Of course, he got arrested but I fear that there's more of them out there ready to get me..."

It took me a while to take in this story. I can't imagine what it was like for her to see her own sister getting stabbed to death and putting the blame on herself.

"Lucy, it wasn't your fault. You couldn't have done anything...even if you called it wouldn't of had made a difference Luce...the wounds would've been fatal."

"But Natsu, you never know." She sobbed. "And I'll never be able to know."

"It's ok...I'm here for you..."

"Thank you Natsu, you're the only person I've actually told and I feel as if I can really trust you for some reason." Oh great. The guilt feeling is hitting my stomach again. I really am such an asshole.

I heard my phone buzzing in my pocket and I excused myself from Lucy. It was Lisanna...ugh. She probably thinks I arranged the live stream for her to show her that I love her and not Lucy but truth is I did it for revenge...and now I really regret it.

"Natsu~ thank you so much ! I knew you'd pick me in the end."

"No ! Lisanna you've got it all wrong-she tried to help-"

"Shhh it's ok. I know you're just too modest to admit you did it for me. Love you too !" She exclaimed before hanging up. I let out an irritated sigh before shoving my phone back in my pocket.

"Is everything alright Natsu ?" Lucy asked out of the blue.

"Yeah...it was my mum. She said I have to go back home and take care of a few chores." I lied. I couldn't stand seeing Lucy right now, because I betrayed her and seeing her made me feel more guilty than ever.

"Oh I see. Well thank you Natsu for listening to me. I'm really glad that we're friends again, I kind of missed you." She flashed me a small smile which I struggled to return as I stepped out the window towards my room.

Once I was in the room I shut the curtains blocking out any signs of Lucy completely.

I screwed up so badly...

"Natsu ! You're such an- ugh Lisanna is here and I've been talking to her for the past half hour and I'm really not enjoying it so please get yourself downstairs !" Wendy shouted slapping my stomach and pulling my arm.

I grunted and hesitantly got up from the bed.

I was immediately met with Lisanna who had an evil smirk plastered across her face.

"Why are you smirking like that ?" I asked getting slightly creeped out. She resembles the Cheshire Cat- except a really ugly version of it.

"You thought you live streamed your little antic didn't you ?"

"Yes ? I did...?"

"Nope, you didn't. I did. Your phone wasn't even connected to wifi...or data...you didn't even see me outside the window. But of course Lucy will now blame you because you're the only person she's told."

"What the fuck Lisanna ! You're absolutely disgusting ! Why would I even want to be with someone like you ?! You know what I'm sick of your stupid antics-"

"Before you dump me, you should know that if you do I will turn everyone against you. Including your friend Gray. Do you want me to tell him that you broke him and his previous girlfriend up on purpose because she wasn't 'cool' enough ?"

Of course, my stupid acts have now pushed me into a corner. If I dump Lisanna then that's it for me. I'd be alone.

I'm scared of being alone and Lisanna knows that perfectly well but of course she doesn't care at all.

Why does my life have to suck so much ? Why do I have to be such an asshole ?

~Normal POV~

Mrs Heartfilia sat next to her husband in the hospital waiting room after having fallen suddenly ill at work.

She was immediately rushed to the hospital to get some check ups done and was now awaiting the results.

Tic-toc, tic-toc

"Mrs Heartfilia?" Her head perked up as she heard her name.

"Yes ?" She answered faintly.

"We have bad news."

----------------------------------------

Well, there we go...

Looks like Lisanna once again is at the centre of the Natsu and Lucy fued.

Maybe she noticed that Natsu and Lucy have a love-hate relationship and wants to end it.

I wonder what's wrong with Mrs Dragneel...

Also thank you so much to everyone for reading ! <3

Ziall_nalu
X