Chapter 35 - Detention

Thanks for waiting for the update. This is 1/3 of the updates promised :)

Characters belong to hiro Mashima.

WARNING MATURE THEMES ! Swearing etc.

~Natsu POV~

Detention was extremely awkward. Gray and I volunteered to get rid of the chewing gum under the table which was absolutely disgusting. Some of it was still fresh...

Gray and Juvia were completely blanking each other although I caught them sneaking glances when the other wasn't watching. Can't escape my eye, lovebirds.

"Damn it, it's pouring outside and I have no way to get home." I heard Juvia groan as I was under the last desk picking off the last piece of gum - not with my hands of course.

"I'd ask you to join us but Natsu's mum is giving us a ride home."

"It's okay, I guess I'll just walk." Juvia sighed.

I looked over at Gray who was also battling with the last few pieces of gum under the desk. His eyebrows were furrowed in concentration. He was taking this detention very seriously.

"Psst." I whispered trying to catch his attention.

No answer.

"Pssssst !" I whispered louder.

Still no answer.

'This is no use' I thought. I'll just have to go about this another way...

Instead of disposing of the gum at the end of the ruler, I aimed it for Gray. This will serve him right for ignoring me. I loaded the ruler back, ready to ping the gum.

"3...2...1.."

"Hi Natsu you done y- NATSU !!!!!" I saw the blonde head in front of my face, blocking the way between me and Gray a little too late.

I hit her right on the head.

"NATSU I AM GOING TO KILL YOU !" She shouted squeezing her fists at her side while turning red with rage.

Uh-oh...

She kicked me so hard in the shin I swore I could see stars spinning at the top of my head.

"Lucy" I whined. "You kicked me!"

"I know !" She shrugged. "And you hit my head with gum !"

"Whatever. Your head was in the way." I shrugged, pulling myself back up to standing position.

"Well you shouldn't be throwing gum anyway I mean who the hell-"

My phone started vibrating in my pocket against my leg, interrupting Lucy. I quickly fished my phone out expecting it to be my mother but it was from an unknown number.

"Hello ?" I answered.

"Long time no speak Natsu...I miss you." Said a voice everyone knew far too well. I saw Lucy squinting at me slightly, wondering who I was talking to. I didn't want to worry her so I decided it's best she didn't know the person on the other end of the phone was Lisanna.

"No I'm not interested in buying any of your products. Stop phoning."

"What ? Products ? Natsu I-"

"Bye." I hastily pressed the red decline button and quickly shoved my phone in my pocket.

"Advert calls. Hate them." I said rolling my eyes. Tch, why didn't I take drama ? I'm such a pro actor. "Anyway, Lucy my mum said she'd be here at seven so judging by the time she's more than certain waiting outside. Let's get going."

"Sure. Juvia will you be okay ?"

"Yeah I mean, it's not too far of a walk. I'll wait for the bus." She smiled shoving on her jacket.

"But it's pouring. You'll get drenched."

I noticed Gray open his mouth to say something, but quickly shut it again. His second thoughts won over him....well....not if I can do something about that.

I made eye contact with Gray and began to do strange hand gestures to him while Juvia and Lucy were exchanging goodbye's. I was trying to signal him to volunteer to Juvia to give her a lift since he had his drivers licence. The idiot actually managed  to pass first time unlike me.

I ended up driving into a tree to avoid knocking over an old lady with her shopping bags.

I got the accelerator and the brake confused. Not my fault they didn't have stickers telling me what they were.

"Uhh Juvia. I can give you a lift home if you like ? It's no bother for me at all.." He blushed, looking over to the floor.

"It's fine, I can walk. But thanks." She smiled.

"But Juvia, he's asking you for a lift. I mean walking in the rain is worst than sitting in a car with Gray for a while right ?"

"Not really." She shrugged. "Please stop forcing me to speak to him Lucy. You're supposed to be my friend !" She shouted, storming off.

"Well, I tried." Gray said, clearly hurt by her attitude towards him. He slid on his leather jacket and after waving goodbye to us, headed out the door.

"Come on Luce, let's go. We did as much as we could." I smiled, placing my hand on her lower back. "They'll stop their silly argument soon enough."

-----

~Gray POV~

I can't believe it. Every time that I try and be nice to Juvia she just throws it back in my face. I can't help what happened between her and I ! There's nothing I can do about it. Aries doesn't even like me in that way, she fancies Loke and is just with me to make him jealous. I tried to tell Juvia but she wouldn't listen.

I turned the radio up slightly, the music helping me soothe my nerves. It didn't help though that every single song was a love song. They kept making me think more and more about Juvia.

I turned my head to the side of the road since I saw someone walking in the rain. It was then I noticed the blue hair.

It was Juvia, and she was drenched. The rain was picking up pretty fast and massive drops were plummeting to the ground.
I stopped my car next to her which happened to frighten her a little.

"Go away. I'm fine." She said, keeping on walking.

"You're soaked Juvia. Isn't your house the other way ?"

"I forgot my keys." She replied shrugging.

"When do your parents get back ?"

"Eleven tonight."

"You can come to mine, it's just me anyway. You don't even have to talk to me if you don't want to. Just please come with me, you'll catch a cold."

"Ew no."

"For goodness sake Juvia ! Please get in the car. What happened to us ? We used to be...so close." My heart hurt as I thought of all the things we could've been if that incident hadn't happened.

Juvia's look softened.

"Fine. But you're bringing me back home too because there's no way I'm walking home at eleven by myself." She said getting into the passenger seat.

My lips curled up into a smile.

This is my chance to make it up to her.

I better not mess this up.

_______________________

HI AGAIN !! I MISSED YOU ALL SO SO MUCH <3

I HOPE THIS CHAPTER WAS OKAY, ITS ACTUALLY A FILLER CHAPTER LEADING UP TO THE NEXT ONE WHICH IM SURE GRUVIA FANS WILL LOVE.

Sorry for any mistakes btw I'm tired and can't even see properly lol because I'm that tired.

SEE U IN THE NEXT UPDATE !!

Ziall_nalu
X