Chapter 18 - Thank You

Hey everyone ! Here's the second chapter of the double update.

(Yes, it's still me, I just changed my layout because I love Justin 😂)

Hope you enjoy !

Warning: SWEARING & mature content.

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.

~Natsu POV~

"Natsu, your 'friend' woke up." Said the most friendly nurse in the whole world. Note the sarcasm.

As I walked back into the room, I noticed Lucy's look begin to turn into a scowl as soon as she saw me.

"This is all your fault. Go away." She spat, turning her head away from me as she folded her arms over her chest and pouted.

"How ? I didn't know they'd come beat you up ! So much for bringing you here and attempting to help you. Did you think you magically appeared in here or ?" I noticed her look soften a little but it wasn't long until the scowl re appeared onto her face.

"Still your fault." She said. The nurse watched our scene play out, in an amused manner. Won't be funny when I get you sacked, I don't know what for but I will find a way and then I'll be the one laughing...

"Natsu ! Lucy ! Oh dear, look at you." Said my mum barging through the door. The nurse rolled her eyes at the chaos going on in the room. As I said before, she's so friendly.

"I'm okay thank you Mrs Dragneel." Lucy said as she smiled at my mum. I couldn't help but laugh. She was far from fine. She looked like a freaking rocky road cake with all the bumps on her face.

"Don't worry dear. Natsu asked if you could come to our house until you parents get home so that we can check up on you, and I'm perfectly ok with that so let's get going." My mum said helping Lucy off the hospital bed. I don't think Lucy properly registered what she said...

"Wait. Y-your house ?" Here it comes.

"Yeah..why is that a problem ?" My mum said acting as if Lucy had just hurt her feelings.

"N-no not at all, I just don't want to be a nuisance that's all." She smiled. Nice excuse.

"Don't worry, Natsu seemed keen to make sure you were ok too so he'll be helping as well." My mum said as I glared at her. I attempted to hide to the blush covering my face by looking to the side. I decided to walk ahead to escape the awkward conversations my mum was making.

When I turned back, my mum and Lucy were still just at the exit of the door. Geez, my grandmother could probably walk faster than that...I rolled my eyes and walked up to them. Both my mum and Lucy gave me a questioning look that I just shrugged off.

"Natsu what are you- ah!" Lucy squealed as I picked her up bridal style and began walking ahead with her. My mum will make a comment about this, I know it.

"You were walking too slow." I said as she clinched her hands around my neck, scared that I'd pull a stunt and drop her.

"Put me down ! I have legs, I can walk !" She said smacking me on the chest.

"Well, they clearly weren't working very well judging by the pace you were walking at."

"Oh shut up. Yours weren't while I was getting hit."

"It wasn't my fault there were a lot of people keen to see your ass get beat. Now do you mind shutting up, or else I'll knock you out again so you shut the hell up." I hissed as my mum managed to catch up to us.

"You would-"  I kept a straight face indicating that I was being serious which successfully made her stop whining at me. I obviously had no intention whatsoever to hit her but you know, just had to sound convincing.

----

The car ride was very quiet and Lucy didn't speak to me again. She just gazed out the window and seemed to be thinking deeply about something.

When I think deeply, it's usually about what pizza topping I'd like. There's so many that you never know what one to pick..

I doubt she was thinking about that though.

Once my mum parked the car in the driveway, I lifted Lucy out the car and brought her in the house. I decided the couch wasn't comfortable enough for her so I decided to bring her up to my room. After all, my bed was super comfortable.

I ended up not so gently placing her on the bed as she landed with a bit of an oomph but at least, she was comfortable now.

"Make yourself at home. Here's me remote, you can watch TV and call me if you need anything."

"Thank you." She smiled, a genuine smile this time.

"It's no problem...it's the least I could do for everything that I've caused you..." I said. While Lucy was passed out and I was waiting for her to wake up, I had a lot of time to think.

No, not about pizza toppings this time.

I had time to think about my actions. Ever since I've been with Lisanna I've turned into a douche. Yes, I have an impeccable reputation in school but I only have very few friends. I have the basket ball team and all and of course Gray...but I only really counted Gray as a friend...

Then I had the chance to make friends with Lucy..but I didn't. I decided to just ruin her life instead. I began to really reflect on how much I'd hurt her these past few months and I wish I could take some of the things I said back..

"True." Lucy said breaking the silence. "I mean today-"

"Lucy, I swear I tried so hard to make my way through everyone. I didn't like to see you like that either and when I saw you like that, my heart plummeted. Trust me, I was even about to punch Lisanna for you-"

"You what ?" Lucy laughed incredulously.

"Yes, I know, you can't hit girls but it would be from you so it doesn't count right ?"

"Whatever." Lucy continued to laugh. "I mean does Lisanna even count as a girl ?"

And now it was my turn to laugh. Oh how much fun it was to make fun of Lisanna...

"Natsu." Lucy said once we both got out breathes back from laughing so hard. "Thank you."

"For what ?"

"For everything you've done today. Trying to help me and bringing me to the nurse and then here."

"It's fine...I know you don't want to be here with me but-"

"Yeah you're right. Still better than being with that nurse though." She laughed.

"Oi !" I pouted.

"Sorry, sorry." Lucy giggled.

As I watched her laugh, I found myself subconsciously smiling. I causally looked towards the floor to cover my blush.

I can't believe that me and Lucy are getting along...for now.

I hope it stays like this because when I'm with Lucy, I feel some feelings that I've never felt before with anyone.

The problem is I can't quite pin point what they are and what they mean.

_____________________

Hey everyone !! I know this update was rubbish too but it feels rushed if I make Natsu and Lucy make up immediately  ^.^ so they're beginning to make up again.

We'll see how and if Natsu manages to make it up to her completely ^.^

Please vote & comment to keep updates coming ! Love reading your comments. Thank you so much <3

Ziall_nalu
X