Chapter 30 - Secrets

WARNING : MATURE CONTENT !! & swearing.

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.

~Natsu POV~

I made my way downstairs to see my father already up, making all of us breakfast.

Strange...he's usually still sleeping at this time.

"Morning Natsu." He said in a happy voice with a sad undertone that he was desperately trying to mask.

"Mum told me." I said sitting in one of the chairs as he finished cooking a pancake.

"Told you what ?" He said freezing with the pan in his hands. He stopped what he was doing for a second and then shook his head and continued to decorate the pancakes.

"Your new boss is shit and wants you fired, so he's making you do all this work but at the same time cutting your wage." I take a long sip of my orange juice waiting for my dad to respond.

"I know. I'm an idiot." He said finally turning around to face me. It was then I saw his face. His eyes looked extremely tired. He had dark circles under his eyes and the red veins in his eyes seemed to be wrapping his eyeball like a ball of string.

"Dad..." I breathed out. It killed me he was working like a dog for us. My mother, yes she worked too but she wasn't at the risk of getting fired therefore her shifts were normal.

"I know, I know. I look like crap. I've not had a proper sleep in days son." He placed a pancake in my plate and took a seat next to mine.

"Just get fired dad ! Who cares. Leave the place. Please dad I don't want to see you like this ! It's going to affect your health dad. I don't want to lose you !" I shouted as my chest heaved up and down. "He's just taking advantage of you !"

"Oh son, if only you knew what he's putting me through. All because you-"

"Wait...it's to do with me ?" I asked urging him to finish his sentence.

"W-what no. Forget I said that." He replied taking a sip of his coffee and cutting a bit of the pancake.

"Dad. I heard you for goodness sake. Just tell me how your new boss even freaking knows me !" I shouted slamming my fists on the table.

"No son. I will not ruin your happiness. Just don't worry about it, I have a job interview tomorrow. I'm applying to work as a mechanic." Ruin my happiness ?

"Dad just-"

"Natsu I said no !" He shouted all of a sudden sending me jumping in my seat.

"Daddy, why are you shouting ?" Wendy asked sitting down next to us, ready for school.

"Oh nothing. Natsu's just being a naughty boy as usual." What ?!

"Actually we-"

"Natsu was being naughty." He said in a stern tone while glaring at me. If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now.

I groaned as I finished off my pancake. Once I was done I picked up my bag pack and was just about to leave the door when I was pulled into someone's chest.

"I know you care about me. I'm sorry for snapping at you, but Natsu I really can't tell you. I know it would hurt you. If you do find out by the person telling you then please don't take drastic decisions. Just remember I'm applying for a new job. It will all be ok." He said as he released my from his strong grip.

I don't get it, I don't get why he won't just tell me. I want to know what I'm doing that's ruining my dad's career so that I can stop it.

"Cringe." I said as I ran out the door laughing but still thinking about what my dad said.

"Natsu !" Lucy shouted as she ran over to me, giving me a strong hug as if she never wanted to let go. "Please come to my house after school Natsu. We need to talk it's really important." She had glossy eyes which made me worry about what she wanted to talk about.

"Oh...are you pregnant ?" I asked.

"Natsu ! What the hell. I've never even done it before." She admitted with a strong blush across her face.

"If only I could say the same." I whispered lowly kicking an empty can of juice.

"You can pretend you never and just forget it." Lucy smiled. "Plus before us you were....different."

"Why don't you make me forget then ?" I said wriggling my eyebrows at her. All I got in return sadly was a smack.

"Pervert. Remind me why I love you again ?" She laughed. That laugh...I loved it so much.

"Hmm...because I'm hot duh." I smirked cockily. "And because I love you too...more than anything else in my life." I pulled her into my chest and gave her a kiss on her soft cherry coloured lips.

She looked up and smiled at me without saying anything as we continued to walk towards the school.

The closer we got the more I noticed she was growing anxious.

"Lucy...what's wrong ?" I asked her.

She didn't seem to hear me but she slowed down her pace as if she didn't want to go to the school.

"Lucy ?" I repeated. Still no reply. "Luce !" I said a little louder. She came to a halt. Her eyes were focused across the road.

I followed her eyes and noticed a brown haired boy with bright green eyes step out a huge black car. He was wearing black skinny jeans with a white top that clung to his masculine figure and a black leather jacket over it.

"Lucy who is he ?" I whispered to her.

"I can't do this !" She suddenly shouting with tears spilling out of her eyes. "I can't do this."

"Shh, Luce it's ok." I pulled her into my chest which she began to sob into.

"I can't do this Natsu. I can't go in there." She cried.

"Let's not then." I said. She quickly pulled away, batting her eyelashes at me.

"What ? We can't...if our parents find out they'll-"

"We can tell them that we got to school and we both didn't feel well or I could say that and you could say Lisanna was being a bitch again. Then you could come to my house and say you're going to take care of me while my mum is at work." Wow I'm such a genius.

Well done Natsu, you're not just hot but you're also bright. So proud of you.

Aww thank you inner conscience, I'm proud of you too !

"Are you sure you'd do this for me ? You have basket ball after school..."

"Lucy, if I had to choose between you and basket ball, I'd choose you without thinking about it twice. Now come on, let's get away from that cocky ugly guy." Pfft of course my self esteem didn't drop to 0 when I saw him get out that car.

"I love you so much. You have no idea." Lucy said as she placed her hand into mine.

"I love you too. Hey, since we won't be going to school you can talk to me about that thing you wanted to talk to me about ?" I said.

"Yeah..." Lucy said shifting her attention to the ground. "Yeah I will."

Okay, now I'm getting worried.

Should I be worried ?

What is she going to tell me ?

WHY IS EVERYONE BEING SO SECRETIVE ! There's only so much a hot boy like me can take ugh.

_______________________

Hey everyone ! I promised I'd update two times in a row so here it is !

Sorry it was late.

Please vote & comment to keep updates coming !! <3

Hope you enjoyed and ily all !! Thanks for supporting me with my exams !

Ziall_nalu
X❤️