Chapter 14 - Captivating Smile

Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.
Warning: Swearing
(Thanks for 8K !! ❤️)
~Lucy POV~

This morning I woke up feeling as positive as ever. It looks as if things between me and Natsu have settled again.

Hopefully they will remain settled this time, unlike before. We were barely even friends for a full day ! I should probably start betting on how long our friendship will last...hmm let me guess...1 hour ? Nah. Too short.

"Oh, hey mum !" I chirped as I made myself a bowl of cereal and made some coffee for my mum.

"Hello honey. No coffee for me today thank you, just water." She said smiling at me as she took a seat at the table.

"But you always take coffee in the morning...What's wrong ? Have you and dad fought again ?" I asked rolling my eyes. Sometimes, you'd never guess they were married by the amount of times they fight. They act like cats and dogs together.

"I'm fine, just trying to cut down on the caffeine a bit as I've had trouble sleeping lately." She said letting out a loud yawn.

"Oh, I see." I slid her her glass of water as I took a seat in the chair opposite her and began digging into my cereal, eating like a dog from its bowl. I noticed my mum raising her eyebrow at me and giving out a small laugh as she watched her daughter devour her cereal in a wonderful manner.

"I know, I know. I'm in a rush ok. By the way, why did you have to stay back from work last night ?" I asked.

"Oh, well you see, Sabrina was off sick so I had to cover her shift."

"Ahhh, well that was nice of you." I smiled.

"You've asked me plenty questions, now it's my turn to ask you. So Lucy, why is you're so happy this morning ?" She teased wriggling her eyebrows at me.

I immediately let out a loud groan and face palmed myself. Mums, always making assumptions....which are usually accurate...

"Does it have to do with Natsu~ you two seem to have this love-hate relationship going on." She cooed, teasing me further.

Someone help me.

"...bye mum ! I have to go to school. Love you !"

"But wait Lucy you didn't answer my quest-" I quickly ran out the door and closed it behind me in one swift motion. I left all the embarrassment behind that door. Now no more humiliation.

----

I didn't see Natsu for the whole morning and for some reason everyone in school was giving me strange looks, but this time not teasing me. Everywhere I went I was followed by murmurs that sounded like bees buzzing in a beehive.

"Lucy !" Said a familiar voice. Juvia ! "I've been looking everywhere for you."

"Can you tell me why people keep staring at me as if I'm a freaking psycho?" I whisper to Juvia quietly so no one would be able to hear our little conversation.

"Why don't you ask him." Juvia said pointing her finger towards Natsu who was standing with Lisanna looking more pissed off and bored than me while I do maths.

I was just about to go up to Natsu to talk to him when the bell suddenly rang, shattering that intention.

~Juvia POV~

I can't believe it. Lucy probably confided in Natsu while Lisanna recorded the whole thing on purpose just to get Lucy back for what she supposedly did. I know Lucy, and she would never do that.

I slammed my locker door shut imagining it was Natsu and Lisanna's faces getting crushed. Unfortunately I wasn't in Lucy's class but I'm sure she'll be fine as long as Natsu and Lisanna aren't there to add fuel to the fire. The rumours should hopefully die down soon. I just have to make sure Lucy stays away from Lisanna and Natsu.

Poor Lucy thought she could trust a monster like him.

"Asshole." I muttered under my breathe as I walked along the corridor.

"Thanks." Said a male voice. I looked up only to see the one and only Gray Fullbuster stand in front of me.

"I-I wasn't saying it to you I was-"

"I know, don't worry I was just kidding...Julie was it ?" I shake my head to indicate that he got the wrong name, not that I expected him to know my name of course. "Wait ! I remember, it's Juvia. Your Lucy's friend right ? I take it you saw the video...how does it feel to be friends with an assassin/helpless sister that let her sister die." He laughed.

"You don't know the whole story, nobody does except from your dumbass friend." I said suddenly feeling a spark of confidence light up in me. Natsu and his crowd need to stop thinking they own this school and the people in it. They don't rule anything in here.

"Ohh, feisty one are you. Don't worry, I know Lucy didn't do that. You know, she seems genuine and I think deep down, Natsu actually likes her a lot but doesn't want to admit it so he rejects the feelings by tormenting her. I think Lisanna is terrible for him and to be honest she's the trouble maker, not us."

I honestly didn't expect Gray to say that. I thought Natsu and Lisanna were madly in love with each other. After all, they were Fairy Tail High's sweet hearts ! Not that I ever dreamt of being like them.

"Your friend isn't innocent either, so don't blame it all on one person."

"You know, I know Natsu very well. I know that if he knew that the secret Lucy was keeping was that big then he wouldn't have done what he did. In fact, I think there's more to this story than what we actually know."

"Hmm I agree. Hey, I thought you didn't have a brain but you're actually pretty smart y'know !" I laughed.

"Oi. Geez Juvia, how mean are you ?" He said pretending to act offended.

"Very, you better watch out. Lisanna is nothing compared to me." I said flicking my hair like Lisanna attempts to do. Damn that hair flicked really worked out for me...bye Lisanna.

"Oh wow ! Lisanna who ? Looks like Fairy Tail High has a new queen !" Gray laughed showing his cute, little, small dimples on his cheeks.

"I agree."

That laugh, that smile. It completely captivated me. I've never seen this side of Gray before, but I really love it.

And I also might have developed a teenie weenie crush on him....
_______________________
Hello everyone ! I decided to add some more Gruvia in this story to make it more interesting and stuff XD

GaLe will come up soon don't worry ;)

And...rowen too and of course...JERZA !!!!!

So be ready to have some new characters being introduced very very soon !

I hope you enjoyed this chapter ! Thanks for reading.

I'd also like to thank kaydielovesmlp1  @Varisa55 @laxus_is_amazing @GraceLevato @ElizabethShirey4
@SakuraOtaku215 @dey17FT @valpal321 @actionfree @FroschTheBestExceed
@SilverMelodyNeko
Feltonbreana123 @Badlittle_Albatraoz @nalu_storys @Pepsi_Cola_x
unicornnn_ @Rabbit_Melody @Life-is-a-Fairy-Tail
@Shiek7707 @Bunny_Girl
@KawjuanaBriscoe

(Thank you of course to the people that vote too ! It means a lot !! <3 !! I just couldn't find the names in my notifications but thank you anyway !!! <3 !!)
For commenting on the last chapter ^.^ sorry if I forgot to mention anyone !!

Ziall_nalu
X