Chapter 38 - NaLu is Over ?

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Hiro Mashima
Warning: Swearing

~Lucy POV~

Last night was the last night I got to spend with my mother. The week had gone by so quick that it didn't even feel like I got to enjoy the last few moments with my mother.

I watch absentmindedly at the coffin in which my mothers frail body was now lying in. The disease won the battle against her. It took her away from me, leaving me all alone with no one else to turn to.

My friends and Natsu's family came to the funeral. It was as if now my life had been buried with my mothers. It was the beginning of hell.

I stayed well away from my father. The monster who wants me to marry an idiot just for the money. You must really hate your daughter to have such vile ideas in mind.

"You ok ?" Natsu whispered into my ear, as my father proclaimed his love for my mother in an ear-throbbing speech. It made me want to vomit. Now I could see how he failed his drama course in school.

"No." I answered honestly. Natsu pulled me closer to his chest and I willingly rested my head on it as he began to rock back and forth slightly.

I closed my eyes shut, trying to hold the tears in but I couldn't help it. They rolled helplessly down my cheek.

"I'm scared, Natsu." I whimpered. Natsu rested his chin on my head.

"We'll be okay." He said. Although I couldn't see his face, I knew that he too had a worried look.

We're all in danger now.

-------

~Natsu POV~

At the end of the ceremony, I decided to take Lucy on a walk away from here. Her house is probably the last place she'd like to be right now.

"Sad day isn't it ?" A voice said from behind me, making me jump. I didn't see anyone else walk this way with Lucy and I when we left.

"Leave Max." Lucy said in a heart wrenching voice. "Please..."

I tightened my grip around Lucy and sent Max a glare. He has no respect at all to come here and wind up Lucy on the day that she's lost her mother. How low of a human being can you be ?!

"I can't leave since I've started school here now and I love it. I get to watch you every day with your beautiful blonde hair trailing behind you. It looks so soft." He said reaching out to touch a strand of her blonde hair.

Before he could get any closer I slapped his hand away from her delicate face.

"Don't you dare touch her." I growled pulling Lucy behind me.

"Natsu, mum said to come in ! She's made cupcakes for all of us !" Wendy said running down the road to catch up with us.

No. Wendy. Max. No.

"Oh, hello cutie." Max smirked patting Wendy on the head. Wendy looked at me then back at Max.

"Wendy. Go home." I said keeping my gaze fixated on Max. I let go of Lucy for a second and clenched both my fists by my side. "Don't you dare hurt my sister." I whispered through clenched teeth.

"Let me have Lucy and I won't." He whispered back in a venomous voice. Wendy was beginning to get worried when she saw Max get closer to me in a fighting stance.