Chapter 4 - Food Fight

Warning: Swearing
Disclaimer: Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.
~Lucy POV~

After politely greeting everyone and introducing myself to Natsu's family I slowly pulled out the chair furthest away from Natsu to sit myself at the table.

"Lucy, honey, that's your fathers seat. Go sit next to Natsu at the top end." She said smiling at me, stopping me mid action from sitting down. I got back up and plastered a huge fake smile on my face.

"Of course, mother." I replied dryly. It felt like I was taking the walk of shame to the chair next to Natsu. You can't blame me though, I mean not only do I have to be in the same room as this jerk, but I also have to sit next to him for who knows how long.

Once I took my seat, blanking the Dragneel of course, we began to eat. The adults as usual began to talk about business -(well mainly our father's) while our mum's talked about their life in general and also a little about their high school memories together.

I just quietly began eating my chicken, still not paying any attention to Natsu. If I looked at him, I'm pretty sure the food I ate would come back up.

"Looks like I'll be seeing you around a lot then." He smirked. Does it look like I have a choice you pink headed freak ?

"Oh yes ! So pleased about that." I added with an obvious sarcastic tone. I feel as if I was born under an unlucky star. What did I do to deserve this ?!

"You should be. 99% of the girls in the school would die to live next door to me." Wow, his ego is so high that I could jump off it and die.

"Yeah, and I'm that 1% that has brain cells and would rather die than have you as my neighbour." I say digging back into my chicken, angrily. He's so infuriating ! Ugh ! I feel like shoving this chicken leg down his throat to shut him up, if that will work.

"You know you love me, every girl does." He said in a seductive tone. What the fudge is wrong with this guy ? And why on earth does he sound like gossip girl ? Creep. I admit it, yes he's nice looking but, so far his personality is putting me off him. A lot.

"You have a girlfriend, I'm sure she'd hate to hear that you're flirting with me." I reply smugly. "One recording could change everything."

"Oh please, I have standards. You're the last person I'd ever even want to date, in fact, if there were no more girls available to date other than you, I'd start dating animals." I narrowed my eyes at him as he smiles, pleased to himself that he's managed to annoy me. Oh Natsu, you don't know me well enough.

"You are dating an animal already." I state. Natsu suddenly chokes on his chicken letting out a loud laugh. Okay, that's not the reaction I was expecting at all. Why the heck is he laughing that I'm insulting his girlfriend ?!

"Sorry, that was a good one to be honest. What do you have against my girlfriend anyway ? Are you jealous because she's hot and you're not ?" Yeah sure, hot. If he thinks Lisanna is hot then I think potatoes are hot too because there's no difference between them.

"Yes, totally." I grunt. I decide to ignore him completely for the rest of the dinner. He tries to to talk to me a few times, clearly not getting the hint, before giving up and turning to his poor little sister and torturing her instead.

"So, Natsu, Lucy, are you in any of the same classes ?" Asks Grandine, after the adults have all finished bickering. Oh great,
time to play interrogation at the family table. Yay...fun...not.

"Yes sad-" I stamp on Natsu's foot discreetly under the table making him shut up as he silently curses in pain.

"Yes ma'm. We are in some classes together." And we have so much fun..so much fun that I'd rather study in the public bathrooms in the school.