Chapter 2 - Lunch Drama & Gray Storms Off ?!

Warning: SWEARING !!
~Lucy POV~

I felt everyone's eyes glued to me as I walked down the aisle of desks, set out in ordered rows.

I saw a girl up in the back sitting on her own so I decided to sit there, in the spare seat next to her.

"Mind if I sit here ?" I whisper so that I wouldn't disrupt the rest of the class who was working from their textbooks.

"Of course not. I'm Juvia, nice to meet you." She said flashing a smile at me as I slid into the seat.

"Prtttt. Ew did she just fart ??" Shouted Natsu from his desk. Everyone's eyes immediately turned to me. Almost instantly, my cheeks began to burn red out of embarrassment.

"H-hey ! No I didn't !" I shouted in defence.

"I was right next to her and didn't hear anything." Piped up Juvia.

"Aww look it's the nerd defence squad." Mocked Natsu as I shot him a glare. Juvia on the other hand lowered her head in embarrassment.

"Quiet you bunch of ignorants !" Shouted professor Dreyar. Everyone immediately got back to writing.

"Thanks Juvia. Oh and don't let what they say get to you, you're a really pretty and kind girl !" I say. Her face lightened up, as if she hadn't received a compliment like that in forever.

"Th-Thankyou Lucy. I think we'll be great friends." She smiled as I returned the gesture.

I was writing in my notebook when I felt something hit me on the head followed by a bunch of chuckles. I looked around the class, examining who could've thrown this piece of scrunched up paper and noticed two idiots chuckling. Once I locked eyes with them, particularly the pinkette, he stuck out his tongue in my face.

I unscrambled the piece of paper to reveal two drawings that were supposed to look like me and Juvia. I ripped out a page from my notebook and softly tapped Juvia.

"Psst, Juvia. What do you say about a little revenge ?" I smirked. She hesitated a little before the drawing those idiots drew caught her eye. Her look of hesitation was now replaced by a vengeful look.

"Yes, let's do it." She said grabbing her pen. "I'll draw Gray as an ice princess and you should draw Natsu as...a flame brain !" She smiled evilly. My eyes lit up at the idea and we both quickly scrambled to work.

Once we were both satisfied, we scrunched up the paper ball and we're ready to aim it at their big heads. There's no way we'll miss. I looked around to see if the teacher was looking and once I realised he wasn't, I took aim and threw the paper ball at their heads, managing to hit Natsu.

"Who was that ?!" Shouted Natsu scratching the back of his head. He noticed the paper near his chair and picked it up.

We immediately began to laugh at their reaction upon seeing how we'd drawn them. We quickly exchanged a high five and got back to work, not being bothered by them again for the whole remaining class time.

Dragneel, you'll never win against us (A/N Honey, I wouldn't be so sure..)

---

"We could sit here for lunch." I said placing my tray on the table that was the most sheltered in the cafeteria. It offered a more private kind of setting.

"We can't." Spoke Juvia softly.

"I don't see any reserved signs here ?" I enquired. She suddenly began to grow nervous.

"We have to go Lucy, now." She said trying to pull me off the chair.

"Juvia, wait why ?!" I ask. Her eyes were looking at something in the distance. I followed her gaze and it landed on a group of girls coming over to us. Juvia immediately began to quiver like a cold puppy in the snow.