Chapter 39 - The Max Games Begin

Characters belong to Hiro Mashima
Warning: Swearing & possibly mature content.

Before I start, the most recent chapter of fairy tail literally made me cry so much... And the nalu and GRUVIA AISJSJAKD I died. AND also is it just me that is getting reminding of Naruto & Sasuke while reading about Natsu & Gray ??

~Lucy POV~

It's my first week back at school after my mother's death. I've been ignoring every single one of Natsu's calls and today is the first day I'd actually have to see him since....well since we broke up I guess.

I have thought about me and Natsu a lot. I love him and I can't let go of him however since I love him I have to let him go. I am a hazard to him until Max is around. I'm not a hazard only to him but his family too. I'd never forgive myself if something happened to them because of me.

"Morning missy ! Already up ?" My auntie smiled as she slid in the seat next to me, sipping a hot cup of coffee. I hope she burns her tongue.

"Yes. I have school." I replied, getting up from my chair and shoving an apple in my bag. I didn't want to be near her a second more.

Why ? Because I caught her kissing my dad the other day. Precisely six days after my mother died. How wonderful.

"Listen Lucy, I'm sorry for what happened but-"

"You're not sorry at all, in fact you've even taken my mums bedroom. You're trying to replace my mum but you never will. She had a heart, unlike you." I snapped as I hastily exited the house.

Finally some fresh air.

I admired my surroundings, envying the beautiful peacefulness of the nature around me. I wish I could have some of that peacefulness.

As I walked to school I replayed the images in my head of me and Natsu walking to school and back together. I wished to have those days back, those days that everything was perfect . Part of me hoped to bump into him but part of me didn't because I wouldn't have the power inside of me to turn him down. I'd immediately melt.

I craved one of his strong hugs that I felt safe in and I craved those lips that would make all my worries and fears disappear. The kiss that would give me hope and the courage to carry on.

"Lucy !" I heard two female voices shout from behind me.

"Lucy you're here !" I turned round  to meet two very familiar female figures. Levy and Juvia !

"We missed you so much !" Levy said engulfing me in a hug with her small arms.

"I missed you too Levs." I answered, hugging her back. Juvia quickly placed her arms around both of us turning into a group hug.

"The team has re-United" Juvia chirped happily.

"I'm glad that-"

"Hey Juvia have you seen Gray-oh. Hey Luce-I mean Lucy..." Natsu blushed, turning his head away awkwardly. Natsu...

My gaze was fixed on him. I couldn't move nor talk. I watched in the corner of my eye as Juvia and Levy gave me some puzzled looks.

"Yes...he's in  the uhm...the Cafeteria..." Juvia said as she dragged us away from Natsu, sensing something was up.

"Oh okay. Thanks." He said in a saddened tone. I'm hurting him.