Chapter 23 - Match

Hello, it's me again ! ☺️

You guys asked for another update so here it is !!

Warning : Swearing
Disclaimer : Characters belong to Hiro Mashima & High school musical belongs to Disney.

Songs mentioned are :               • Get'cha head in the Game - Troy  (Zac Efron) High School Musical 1
• Stick to the status Quo - High School Musical 1. (Various singers in HSM including Sharpay (Ashley Tisdale.)
• Now or Never - Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens ( Troy & Gabriella) High School Musical 3.

I tried to put them in the media section but it wouldn't work.. :(

~NATSU POV~

"What team ?"

"Wildcats !" I answered the coach earning an unamused glare from my fellow team mates. Sorry, my secret love for high school musical is shining through.

It's not my fault I was forced to watch them with Wendy...

"Let's try that again." The coach said sending me a threatening look. "What team ?"

"Fairy Tail High !" We all shouted as we got ready to go on.

"Coach said to take right, and break left, watch out for the pick and keep an eye on defence-"

"Natsu, no please not again-"

"Gotta run the give and go and take the ball to the hole but don't be afraid to shoot the outside J."

"Natsu please, I will throw the ball at your face if-"

"Just keep ya head in the game, just keep ya head in the game and don't be afraid to shoot the outside J, just keep our head in the game."

"NATSU THE DOORS HAVE OPENED WE ARE GOING TO WALK ON NOW ! THIS IS NOT HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL SO SHUT THE HELL UP OR I WILL THROW YOU INSIDE THAT BASKET !" Gray shouted pushing me towards the entrance of the door, ruining my Troy Bolton moment.

I wanted to shine, but he took my spotlight away from me. How could you Gray.

"Ok...but wait, before we go on, I have something really important to tell you Gray..." I said placing a hand onto his shoulder.

"Ok ?"

"Get'cha head in the game." I said earning a smack on the back of the head from him.

Geez, I was just trying to be a good team captain like Troy Bolton.

---

As we walked out, the crowd immediately started cheering and shouting out our names. I loved being on the basketball pitch, it felt like home. Not to mention I felt like a celebrity out here.

My eyes skimmed the cheering crowd, looking for one person in particular..one girl.

I smiled as I finally spotted her near the front. She was sitting close to where the subs were sitting, cheering on me along with her friends cheering for their little guy friends.

"Game on !" The referee shouted as I jumped for the ball, passing it to my team mates.

We starting running up to the basket we were meant to score in, passing the ball to one another. So far the other team haven't been able to touch the ball once because that's just how good we were.

The ball finally got passed to me as I successfully managed to score it into the basket earning a loud cheer from the crowd.

I looked over to Lucy who was fangirling with Juvia and Levy and sent her a wink.