Chapter 11 - Fresh Air

Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.

¡!Warning: Swearing!¡

~Natsu POV~

Of course I hadn't actually read all of her diary and shown Lisanna it. I just said it to scare her and to show her that I'm stronger than her and I have the power to crush her.

I hate reading so I actually wasn't planning on reading the diary at all, but something about Lucy's facial expression when I mentioned me and Lisanna had read the diary made me really curious.

She was definitely hiding something important and not just stupid crushes etc.

It was something she didn't want out at all and whatever it was, I needed to find out.

Maybe she killed someone and is secretly an assassin...

Once I finally got my ass pulled out the bin I started heading back to class, well to the dining area since the lunch bell was about to go in 5 minutes.

I'm sure my teachers will have missed me terribly. I feel sorry for them not seeing my beautiful face all morning.

"Natsu ! Where were you ?! You ditched me in- don't tell me you were with that bitch ! I told you Natsu that it would take time for me to trust you again and-"

"She got my ass stuck in a bin ! What was I meant to do ?! Walk around school with a trash can attached to my ass ?! Geez. You know what I'm sick and tired of you being so clingy. I need some air." I said standing up from the lunch table and dismissing Lisanna with my hand.

I was not in the mood to tolerate her whining. I never was but today I especially wasn't.

I walked outside and sat underneath a tree, by myself. I slowly pulled out Lucy's diary after making sure I was isolated from completely everyone and slowly began to read it.

And by slowly I mean very slowly as in one sentence per minute.

Don't judge me, I'm a deadly slow reader because I like to savour the- oh forget it. Books aren't my thing okay ?

~Lucy POV~

"Why were you and Natsu both not in class ? You should've heard the theories people were starting to come up with." Said Juvia dumping her tray on the table while sliding into the free seat next to me.

"Oh great, more rumours. The truth is I pushed Natsu's ass in a bin and left him there. Then I went to class and I got sent to detention and so was Natsu for having his ass in a bin...and yeah basically I was trying to pull his ass out." I say briefly explaining to Juvia the events this morning. She lets out a little laugh before turning serious again.

"You look a little tense...is everything alright ?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine. I just need some fresh air. It's getting a bit stuffy in here. I'll be back in a second.."

I felt bad for leaving Juvia but at least I didn't leave her alone. Shortly after I stood up, a little girl with blue hair sat in the empty seat next to her and they soon began chattering away.

Once I was finally out the door I was immediately hit with a sense of freedom. I really did need some fresh air to cool me down.