Chapter 12 - Can I Trust Him ?

Hey everyone !! Just wanted to say thank you so much for 6K ! I'm so so grateful !

Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.
Warning: Mature content

~Lucy POV~

I guess you could say that this week at school has been pretty hard for me, but finally its the weekend which means that I'm free from hell.

My mum today is working until late and my dad, well, he always works late hours. To be completely honest, but today wasn't a very good day to leave me alone because it's been a whole year since that happened, and the memories just keep flooding back.

Especially when I'm sitting by myself, in silence. I can't stop them from playing repeatedly in my head. I can still hear her voice crying for help and feel even more helpless than I did back then.

But I was only a little girl, what could I have done ? I could've shouted help but who would hear me ? I could've ran when she told me to but where ?

The outcome was still inevitable, no matter what choice I decided to take...at least that's what I like to repeat to myself.

But deep down, despite it have been years that flew by, I still can't help but feel that if only I had ran for help, she could've been saved.

I could feel the tears beginning to build up in my eyes as the vivid images came flooding back but I quickly wiped them away and switched on the TV to see if anything decent was on, to distract me from my haunted memory.

As usual, nothing decent at all was on TV, therefore I went for the option I should've gone with in the first place. Netflix. My saving grace, my life and my love. Oh how I'd like to thank the producers of Netflix for making such a genius invention.

I selected my account and watched as the movies on my list loaded up.

"Hmmm, let's check off another movie from my list...how about...ahh ! Poltergeist !" I say to myself as I select the movie from the list.

Probably not the best idea to watch a movie by myself but hey,
I have food, my blanket and I have my shoes which I could use as a weapon.

----

Around almost one hour into the movie a sudden knock on the window made me jolt dropping the popcorn all over myself.

I angrily stomped to the curtain and aggressively pulled the curtains open, only to see a pink haired idiot staring back at me with a crooked smile.

Idiot.

He motioned towards me to open the window, which I refused to do but of course he can't take no for an answer so he persistently began to bang the window with his fists.

I rolled my eyes, giving in and opened the window.

"Yo, what's up ?" He said walking into my room and taking the packet of sweets I was eating along with the popcorn. Make yourself at home I guess.

"Why are you here ? I don't want to do your homework." I pouted, folding my arms over my chest. He only ever comes to me if he needs me to do something.

"I'm here because I'm bored and you look like you could use some company." He sprawled himself across the bed shoving handfuls of different sweets in his mouth. It's so unfair how he still manages to remain in perfect shape.

Another reason to hate him.

"Well, I'd rather be alone than with you..that's for sure. I hate you and you hate me, remember ?" I snatch the sweet packet out of his hand and place them on the desk behind me.

"Is that how you thank me for not giving Lisanna your diary ?"

"....what ?! She knows I have a diary ?! Natsu what the hell ! Give me it back right now ! It's in serious danger at your house !" I shouted frantically, as the worst case scenarios started building up in my head.

"Calm down. She'll never find it...I hid it in the best place ever."

"Let me guess...your underwear drawer ?"

A blank expression covered Natsu's face as he repeatedly blinked while staring at me.

"....no..." He finally answered after a while. Wow, he's such a good liar....

"Told you. Now give me it back Natsu."

"No. Not until I read it first." Why does he have to be so stubborn ! What's so interesting in my diary anyway ?!

"Look Natsu, that diary has nothing interesting in it...can you please just give me it back ?"

"If it doesn't then why do you want it back so badly...plus your facial expression changes into panic as soon as I even utter the word diary."

"Stop acting like a detective and give me back my freaking diary Natsu !"

"Tell me your secret and I'll give you the diary." He finally says.

"No. I don't trust you Natsu."

"But you should. I didn't give the diary to Lisanna yet...if I wasn't trustworthy I'd have given it to her right away. I'll give you a choice, either you tell me your secret or Lisanna gets the diary."

"What ?! You can't give me that choice Natsu ! Are you mental or something ?! I'll go back and get it myself." I march up to the window but don't get very far as I'm pulled into a warm chest, keeping me in place.

"Wow, didn't know you were so short....anyway-besides the point- it's either deal or no deal."

"This is so unfair Natsu ! I hate you so much ! Why can't you see that some secrets are secretes because they're too painful to say out loud ?!" I say breaking down into tears.

Natsu looks taken aback by my sudden reaction. He remains still, unsure of how to react.

I push past him and sit on the edge of the bed, wiping my tears.

"Lucy I-"

"Can I please just finish watching the movie...myself.."

"You can tell me what's wrong...I'm here to listen." He says with a half guilty look in his eyes.

Can I really trust him ?

I hesitantly looked up at him before making a final decision.

"I killed my sister.."

_______________________

Damn...

I don't think Lucy should have trusted Natsu...after all Natsu thinks Lucy let out the kiss secret and all he really wants his revenge...

.......

We'll see more in the next chapter which will hopefully be up tomorrow !

Thanks for the support everyone ! <3

Ziall_nalu
X