Chapter 24 - Kiss !

Characters belong to hiro Mashima.
Warning: swearing & mature themes.

Ily! Thanks for 30K

~Lucy POV~

We swayed to the beat of the music, side to side, my arms around Natsu's neck and his placed softly around my waist.

We were both so close to each other, staring into one another's eyes yet none of us dared to say a word incase we ruined this perfect moment.

My heart was whizzing along with my head, trying to contain all these emotions I was feeling.

I wish that this moment never ended...but of course it had to.

After all, all fairy tales come to an end at some point.

"Alright everyone, thanks for coming to my party ! See you all at school on Monday !" Natsu shouted as everyone began to leave.

"Lucy, me and Gajeel are taking Juvia and Levy home, so don't worry about them." Gray smiled, holding a blushing Juvia's hand.

"Remember to come straight back to your house Gray to your own  bed." Natsu smirked, wriggling his eyebrows up and down like a pervert. In fact, not like a pervert. He is a pervert.

Gray just walked past Natsu, without saying anything back...well... he did punch him in the balls before leaving and muttered a few cuss words.

"Goodbye bro." Natsu breathed out in agony. I couldn't help but chuckle at their immature behaviour. These boys will never change.

"I guess I better get going too-"

"No, wait ! We need to talk. My parents aren't coming back for another two hours...I purposely sent everyone away to give us some alone time...and for you to help me clean of course." He smiled.

Forget the cleaning, I kind of expected that but he wants to talk to me about something ?

Could it be...?

No.

"Let's go outside and talk." He said guiding me through the back door to the swingy bench in the back garden. I've always wanted one of these, they're so relaxing.

Natsu plopped down next to me and wrapped his arm loosely around my shoulder as he stared off into the distance.

He sat there in silence, looking like he was in deep thought. I didn't want to say anything in case I interrupted what he was thinking about.

"Lu-"

"Na-" we said at the same time after an entire silent five minutes went by.

"Shh me first. I've been waiting to tell you this all night so let's make an exception to 'ladies first' tonight ok ?" Natsu laughed as I chuckled and nodded along in response.

He cleared his throat before beginning to speak and wiped the smile off his face, turning into a complete serious mode.

This kind of scared me.

A serious Natsu ?

When did we ever see this happen ?

Better mark this down in my calendar.

"Well, remember the other night how we almost kissed and I never brought it up again ?" He asked. My heart immediately began pounding. He didn't forget.

I nodded slowly waiting for him to continue to speak.

"Well...you see...I've been meaning to tell you something for a long time and I just didn't know when or how to do this but I couldn't hold it in any longer Luce...The first time we kissed, it was no accident, in fact it made me realise my feelings for you. When we almost kissed I was angry because I missed my chance to tell you how I felt."