Chapter 20 - Crumbs

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.

Warning: Swearing & Mature Content.

~Lucy POV~

It's already been a whole week since the whole incident...and the almost kiss.

Natsu hasn't mentioned it once and has completely avoided the topic whatsoever. In fact, he's acting as if nothing happened at all.

On the other hand, I was being even more awkward with him than before because we almost kissed that night. I thought the day after I'd get a sweet confession or a do over and a proper kiss but nope. Guess that only happens in movies.

"Luce, can you please pass the glue ?" Natsu asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I gently rolled the glue over to him as he began sticking things to our poster.

I was very surprised to see that Natsu had actually put a lot of effort into this whole project because to be honest, I expected him to sit back on his phone and watch me do all the work.

Maybe this is part of his change. I wonder how long though he can last without turning into a complete asshole.

"Lucy, there's a huge chunk of dirt on your mirror." Natsu said pointing towards the mirror.

I looked up, following his finger but couldn't seem to see anything.

"It just moved." He said moving his finger around the mirror. I followed his finger again like a dog observing it's treat after doing a trick.

"Natsu, I can't see anything."

"You're right. It was just your face." He said sticking his tongue out and laughing at me.

Asshole.

Now how long did he last ? Hmm...a few hours I'd say.

"Ha.ha.ha." I replied sarcastically. Natsu shoved me slightly, offended that I wasn't laughing at him making fun of me. Well Natsu, it doesn't make sense to laugh at myself does it ? Nope.

Guess he's still a little dumb.

"You said that out loud. Thanks." He said sending me a glare.

"Well Natsu, the truth hurts sometimes, doesn't it ?" I smirked with satisfaction as he let out a loud groan.

"Bitch." He muttered under his breathe.

"Heard that."

"You were meant to."  He said in a mocking tone.

Tch.

"Anyway, nervous to go back to school and have to present in front of the class on the first day back-may I add- with Lisanna being I that class ?" He asked as he added some annotations to the poster.

"Geez, thanks for reminding me." I laughed. "But...yeah I am a little nervous to be honest..I'm just a bit afraid they'll hurt me again or something.." I gulped as the scenes from the fight replayed in my head. Now, that was one painful fight I was involved in.

"You shouldn't be worried, I'll be there with you, and I'll definitely make sure nothing happens to you and no one hurts you...I'll be like your guardian angel." He smiled warmly making my heart flutter.

Adorable.

Love me please.

"Thanks." I reply with a faint smile.