Chapter 29.5 - Oh no.

Hey everyone, sorry this chapter is boring :( it's basically an introduction leading to the next one which I'm typing now :)

Will be up in a few minutes ^.^

Disclaimer: Characters belong to hiro Mashima (except Max)
Warning: Swearing

~Natsu POV~

"Stupid asshole Loke." I mutter to myself, kicking a pebble into my front garden.

I've been out for a few hours but I really needed some alone time to calm down. It hurts when you get something so precious to you taken away from you all of a sudden.

I pulled out my house keys and opened the door. I didn't bother to let my mum know I was here, but I'm sure she heard the door slam so she'll know.

"Natsu !" My mum called from the bottom of the stairs probably hearing my stomps.  "Are you-"

"Leave me alone." I said through gritted teeth as I proceeded to walk up the stairs and stormed  into my room, slamming the door on her. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody at all. Especially her.

I tossed my hoodie and shirt onto the floor and pulled my jeans off and grabbed my pyjama bottoms lying on the chair.

I looked over at my shelf where I kept all my basketball trophies and my picture in a frame with the caption "Fairy Tail High Team Captain" carved into a golden slate which was glued onto the wooden frame. They also had this picture of me in the school right outside the PE department...however it won't be there for much longer.

It's a shame it will be replaced by a picture of trash soon. I mean in know our school wants to encourage us to be Eco but this is too far..

Plus I look way better than him.

I punched a pillow and threw it to the opposite side of my room except I heard a quiet "oomph. - instead of a thud.

"W-who's there ?" I called switching on the lights in my room. What if my house is haunted ?! Oh man. Better get packing !

I was about to grab my suitcase from under the bed when all of a sudden a little blue head emerged from behind my bathrobe which was hanging on the back of my bedroom door.

"I just wanted to see if you were ok..please don't be mad." She chirped. My frown dropped and morphed into a smile. I was happy because 1) it wasn't a ghost so I could stay here and be happy and 2) because I was glad to see her after all she did for me today. I stretched out my arms to her and she quickly ran up to me and wrapped her two little arms around my torso.

"Thank you, Wendy." I said placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Your welcome. By the way, I think Loke might not be able to play basket ball very well tomorrow." Wendy said with a glint of mischievousness in her eyes.

"How come ?" I ask slightly confused.

"Well....I don't know. The garden gnome kind of flew and hit him...then the plant pot..." Wendy said looking down at her feet.

"Wendy." I said in a stern tone. She raised her little blue head so that she was now facing me. She had a worried expression on her face since she thought I was going to shout at her for hurting like. But nope, only good responsible brothers would do that...and I'm not one. "You legend !" I shouted giving her a big hug.

"Anything for my big brother." She smiled. "Oh and is it ok if I sleep here tonight...I just had a little nightmare while you were gone. I want to make sure you're here and you won't leave." Her eyes suddenly became glossy and reflected complete and utter fear.

"Sure." I said pulling the bed covers back and letting her crawl in. I got in after her and within seconds she clung herself around me like a little koala.

"Your chest is hard." Wendy pointed out, trying to make herself comfortable.

"I know." I smirked. "Hard work. Hard abs."

"Oh Natsu Natsu...back at it again with your huge ego." Wendy laughed. "Anyway, now shut up I want to sleep. Night....and don't go anywhere or the garden gnome will hit you next !"

"Night Wendy." I laughed while stroking her little head and placed a small kiss on it.

I wonder what she dreamt about...she's never been so clingy.

Or maybe she didn't dream it...maybe she was told it. Maybe she overheard something.

Maybe someone really is after me.

Maybe that really wasn't a dream.

~Lucy POV~

I gazed out the window at Natsu and Wendy playing out a cute little scene. I love their sibling bond. It's so freaking cute. If only I had a little sister too....if only my sister was still alive.

"Hey Luce. Check out my abs too." Loke said flexing his muscles and pulling up his pyjama shirt.

"Do you mean your rib cage ?" I replied as I pulled the curtains shut, completely blanking his presence.

"No !" He exclaimed.

"You're pretty weak seeing as you got beat up by a little girl." I laughed recalling the scene. I saw Wendy throw the garden gnome at Loke and I was trying my hardest not to laugh or else Mrs Dragneel would've sussed Wendy out.

"Natsu will be pretty weak financially soon too." Loke smirked, flopping back onto my bed and staring at the ceiling with an amused smirk.

"What ?! You're kidding right." I shouted storming over to him. Better disinfect the bed later on..

"Nope. I heard your father talking about it to someone." He said.

"So he's to blame ?" I sighed in exasperation.

"For once he isn't. Kind of. So far. I think ? However does the name Max ring a bell ?" Loke asked.

Max...Max....MAX !

"No way...Loke please tell me he isn't coming here. Please Loke." I choked out on the verge of tears. I've tried to hard to forget about him and everything he put me through and seeing him again will just bring all that back.

"Sorry Lucy...he's the new student everyone has been talking about. His dad now owns the place Natsu's father works in...and now that Max found out you're dating Natsu -thanks to your dad-, Natsu's dad might be getting fired."

"But why is he doing this ! Why can't my dad shut his mouth !" I screamed pacing back and forwards across the room angrily.

"Because Max wants you and him to be together again...and something tells me your father does too." He replied in a sympathetic tone.

"Loke, you have no idea what he put me through I just-"

"Don't panic. Why do you think I'm here ? You don't think I'd just sit around and watch while he emotionally tortures you right ?"

"Yes." I replied in all honesty. Everyone knows Loke doesn't have a heart.

"Well you're wrong. I won't let him hurt you...and I'll see what I can do about pinkette. I wouldn't want him out the way, after all I love arguing with him." Loke said cracking his knuckles.

"So you'll really stick up for me ?!" I asked again in disbelief.

"Well duh, I do care for you. You're my cousin."

And in that moment, I did something I thought I'd never do before.

I smiled at Loke...and it wasn't a fake smile this time. It was a sincere heartfelt one.

I guess he does have a heart after all.

_______________________

Once again I'm so sorry for this boring crappy chapter but the next one won't be I promise ^.^

Ziall_Nalu
X

Shoutout to @LucyHeartfilia128 !