Chapter 41 - Kiss Me

Update is 3 days late but now it's finally here XD sorry for any typos, I have to get up early tomorrow but I really wanted to update so yay no sleep lol.

DISCLAIMER: Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT & SWEARING

~Lucy POV~

It was pouring with rain outside. I sat on my window ledge and looked up at the cloudy sky, wondering if my mother was looking at me from there.

Mum, if you can hear me, please look out for me. I miss you.

I watched a drop of rain roll down my window sill and felt a tear make its way down my cheek at the same time.

There was an abrupt knock on the door causing me to jump slightly and almost fall off the window sill.

"Come in." I called trying to mask up my teary voice. I watched as the door knob twisted. I quickly wiped my tears with the back of my sleeve before looking up to see Loke in my room. He shut the door behind him and sat on my bed. He looked at me but didn't speak for a while.

"I know you were crying Lucy, I heard you. I'm your cousin, you know you can talk to me about anything right ?" He smiled patting the empty space next to him. I remained sitting on my window ledge. Right now it felt like my thinking space and the place that I could let all my emotions out and mainly the only place I felt I could think straight in.

My father is single handedly ruining my life and my auntie is trying to replace my life in every aspect...who knows, maybe one day she will even marry my dad just like my mother did. What a mistake my mother made that day she said 'yes'. I guess love really is blind.

"I miss her." I let out finally, feeling a big weight being lifted off my shoulders. At school I had to pretend I was alright, I had to shield it all in, but it was hard since on the inside I constantly feel like I'm breaking piece by piece. My life was once a perfectly assembled jigsaw and now all the pieces are as if being torn away.

"I know Luce, it's normal. It takes time."

"I miss him too." I look over towards Natsu's window and notice him scribbling something down on a piece of paper on his desk. Probably tonight's math homework that is due tomorrow.

"Well, why don't you go speak to him ?" Loke said, walking towards me and placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I can't." As much as I wanted to, I couldn't put him or his family in danger. I may as well just marry Max and leave so that everyone will be in peace.

"If it's about Max, he will get Natsu anyway. He hates Natsu, he hates Gray, he hates Gajeel, he hates me, he hates juvia and levy too and" he paused taking a deep breathe before continuing his everlasting last "he hates you but loves your money...oh he also hates that tree outside right there, and he hates the sun too." I stifled a laugh at Loke's attempt at cheering me up.

"Wow, his heart must be stone cold."

"Just like my abs." Loke smirked. "By the way, I gave Natsu back his position on the basketball team. I'm sorry about everything I did. I made peace with him and now the boys are helping me get with Aries !"

"Aries ? But doesn't Aries like Gray ?!" I asked, surprised.

"No, she's just winding Juvia up." I scoffed and shook my head. She sure managed to cause a lot of drama between Gray and Juvia.

"I saw him." Loke shifted uncomfortably and stared at his feet. "I saw him looking at you and listening in to your conversation today. I also saw your little bodyguards peeking through the locker watching Max like lions watching their prey."