Chapter 3 - Why are you following me ?

Characters belong to Hiro Mashima.
Warning: Swearing.
~Lucy POV~

Finally the bell had rung, signalising it was time to leave the building. My day after lunch had gone pretty well, apart from the glares I kept earning from Lisanna.

Walking at a slow pace, engulfed in my thoughts, I hadn't realised that the school bus had already left again.

"Damn it!" I stomp my foot in anger as I began to trudge my way home. I heard some footsteps running at a fast speed behind me. I quickly turned round and noticed a pink blob approaching, once again not watching where he was going.

I barely had time to react because once again, the idiot collided in me causing him to fall on top of me.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was- Lucy ?!" He said jumping off me, not even bothering to help me up. At least he apologised this time.

"Wow, you apologised for once." I said gathering the books I'd dropped before standing up myself and brushing the dirt off my uniform.  I didn't want to make it uglier than it was already.

"I take that back now that I know it was you I collided with." He said folding his hands over his chest. "Although I have to admit...you were pretty funny at lunch time." He said as a small smirk played on his lips. I felt my heart skip a beat when he complimented me. Stop it !

"Thanks, I guess. Where is your rat girlfriend ?" I ask curiously as he started walking beside me.

"Home, she gets her chauffeur to pick her up and drop her off to school." He said casually looking down at the ground while speaking to me.

"I see. Well, if you don't mind, I have to get home now but I'll see you later." I said picking up my pace. I couldn't be bothered hearing about Lisanna, although I asked him myself.

"Bye idiot !" He replied. "In fact, I better cross, I don't want to be seen around talking to the likes of you." He walked across the road and began walking on the other side of the pavement.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking, remembering the events that happened at lunch. I quietly chuckled to myself remembering Lisanna's face. The bad guy never wins.

I looked over to my side where Natsu was still walking. Why on earth was he still walking the same way as me ??

"Are you stalking me ?" I ask. He quickly snaps his head towards me as if I just distracted him from his deep thoughts.

"The question is are you stalking me ?" He said looking at me as if I was a weirdo. I narrowed my eyes at him and muttered curses under my breathe. Stupid baka.

I smiled when I finally saw my house. I crossed the road and saw Natsu turn into the driveway of the house next to me.

"That's your house ?" He gives me a baffled stare as if I'd asked the weirdest question in the world.

"Yes...why are you asking ? Are you going to stalk me or something ?" I felt like punching him square in the face. Maybe that might put his ego down.

"No you idiot. I'm asking because my house is the house right next to yours." I stated. He looked over to my house then his, then shifted his gaze to me.

"Well, you must be the new neighbours. Wow, this day just got a whole lot better." He muttered sarcastically. "You can tell how much I love talking to you, but now I have to go. My...oh wait I don't have an excuse. Bye Lucy." I didn't even have time to reply as he forcefully slammed the door in my face.