[VOL 8] Arrival pt 2

D.W., Casey, Carly, Jason, and T.J. step out of the alley to see the city fully.
T.J.: I kinda expected the city to be a litte bit more... cleaner.
D.W.: Always knew it looked shitty but I didn't know it looked so bad, no matter what.
T.J.: Well, what do we do boss?
Casey: The city will probably have some small crimes. Most likely the Rejects will be out helping. Now will we run into our-
D.W.: Casey, we get it. Go out, stop crime, find Rejects. Simple things to say.
Casey: *sighs* Fuck you D, fuck you.
D.W.: I love you too bro.
D.W. walks off.
Casey: NO KILLING!!
D.W.: OK MR. NICE GUY, WILL DO!!
D.W. runs into the dark.
T.J.: Well then. We're off I guess.
Carly: What you gonna do Boss?
Casey: Home. Gotta see some people.
Jason: Good luck.
Jason flies off into the night, Carly springs herself into the air and T.J. runs off. Casey looks towards the distance and sees a familiar building.
Casey: Damn, we really were lucky huh?

(D.W.)

Crook: Look Ricochet, shouldn't we just wait until the others get here?
Ricochet: And let the Rejects catch us? Hell no, Let's just grab the shit and give half to the others.
D.W.: Well damn. What a thoughtful thing to do.
Ricochet and Crook look up and see D.W. and are confused.
Ricochet: Who the hell are you supposed to be?
D.W.: The Immortal.
Crook: Or a bland ripoff.
A bullet grazes Crook's head.
Crook: HOLY SHIT!!
Ricochet: Who the hell are you?!
D.W.: Like I said, I'm the Immortal.
A black metallic stick hits Ricochet and Crook in the head and the two fell to the ground unconscious.
???: What the hell do you think you're doing?
D.W. turns around to see the real Immortal, Mike.
D.W.: Great, you're still an ass old man.
Mike: Who are you?!
D.W.: Damn, thought my wit and dashing good looks would tell you who I am.
Mike: You're wearing my old mask.
D.W.: .... Fuck!! I forgot. Sorry.
D.W. takes off the mask to reveal a young man with long brown hair, nino o'clock shadow, and blue eyes.
Mike: You look like-
D.W.: You? Yeah.
Mike: Clone?
D.W.: Nah, more like son. Hello, my name is Douglas Wayne and I'm from the future.
Mike: ... Bullshit.
D.W.: Understandable. I would say bullshit too if I heard that but you've time traveled before, so it shouldn't be so hard to believe right?
Mike: How do you know this?
D.W.: Well Dad, I mean Mike if you want me to prove myswlf anymore, I'm you're freaking son dumbass.
Mike: I am a dumbass.
D.W.: Yes. Yes you are. Hell, even I'm a dumbass. But Casey won't let me say that about myself, or say I'm worthless. Must have gotten it from Uncle Jay and Aunt Jess.
Mike: ... Ok, I believe you.
D.W.: You always this trustworthy?
Mike: No. I'm always a little skeptical. I'm even skeptic of Jess sometimes. Come, we're leaving.
D.W.: Where? And in what?
Then Mike's charger drives right in front of Mike and stops.
D.W.: Holy shit, I totally forgot about the charger!!
Mike: Yeah. And to answer your first question, we're going home.

(Where Carly is)

Carly looks out towards the city and smiles.
Carly: Everything is soooo pretty here. Almost makes me sad I'll never see it again after we're done here.
???: Isaiah I think you need to stop eating so much.
???: Not my fault my belly is basically elastic.
Carly looks down to see Isaiah and Herc exiting a resturant. Carly smiles and drops from the roof and lands behind them. The two heroes turn around, Isaiah eating a bowl of noodles.
Herc: Um... Hi.
Carly: Whew. Finally found you two.
Isaiah: Who are you?
Carly: Name's Carly, and I'm you're daughter from the future.
The two heroes stare at her for a while.
Carly: Hercules and Elastic is your super-
The two grab her and pull her into an alley.
Carly: Two men drag a young pretty lady into a dark alley. This doesn't look right, you know?
Isaiah: I mean she has my personality down.
Herc: But still, time travel is impossible!
Isaiah: Mike did it.
Herc: What?
Isaiah: What I should say is that Taylor built a time machine and Mike went back in time.
Herc: Oh yeah, because of the whole Tobias is a clone of Toby from another timeline.
Carly: Yeah, T.J.'s dad is really complicated.
Herc: So I guess you could be our daughter. Wait, are you actually related to us?
Carly: Nah, I'm adopted.
Isaiah: Makes sense. Well we should head back.
Herc: We should bring her too.
Carly: Are we heading back home? Oooh it's been forever.
Herc: Yeah, we're-
Herc notices her metal arms and hands.
Herc: What happend to your arms?
Carly: Got them sliced off. You replaced them with cybernetics. Now I can stretch and hit really hard.
She smiles widely.
Isaiah: Well then, let's hit the road!
Carly: Yes!!

(Where T.J. is)

T.J. watches Tobias beat up some crooks. After Tobias finishes, Tobias pulls out his phone and answers it.
Tobias: Hey sweety, what's up?
T.J.: Everything's great, how are you?
Tobias: I'm good. Just finishing up some business here. Are you sure you're fine?
T.J.: Yeah, yeah. Don't worry, I'll see you when you get home.
Tobias: K, bye.
Tobias hangs up.
Tobias: Get done here kid.
T.J. turns his skin into blue metal and drops down. Tobias turns and sees the mechanical arm and eye and his robotic legs.
Tobias: You're my son, aren't you?
T.J.: How'd you figure it out?
Tobias: That's my... Toby's tech. And you said everything my girlfriend said to me on that rooftop. So either you hacked my phone or you were told all about this conversation because it probably leads to you're birth.
T.J.: You really are the smartest man ever.
Tobias: That's not me. It's your real father, Toby. I'm just a clone.
T.J.: And I'm the son of a clone. My name is Tobias Junior. Not Toby Junior. I'm your son. Mom never met Toby before you came back into her life. And after you died and learned about your job and him, she wanted nothing to do with him.
Tobias: ... Damn woman. So I'm dead in the future?
T.J.: Almost everyone is. Except Taylor and Darian.
Tobias: How young were you?
T.J.: Before I was even 3. You didn't get to raise me or see me grow up.
Tears start to form on T.J.'s human eye. Tobias walks to his son and hugs him.
Tobias: I probably already knew you would be great. You're my son after all.
T.J. hugs back and starts crying and Tobias stands there, hugging and letting his son cry his tears.

(Where Jason is)

Jason: Can you let me go?
Crystal is holding Jason with her huge diamond arm and her other one is in the shape of a diamond blade.
Crystal: Who the hell are you?
Jason: Name's Jason and I'm Nelson's son.
Crystal: Obviously, you look hispanic and you have black wings.
Jason: And yours too.
Crystal throws Jason into a wall.
Crystal: Quit bullshitting me. Me and Nelson having a kid is hilarious.
Jason: That's not what you said when he was having his emotional breakdown when Tyler died.
Crystal stands there for a few seconds and sighs.
Crystal: Who raised you?
Jason: You mostly. Dad only raised for about two years after you died. That's when he died.
Crystal: Well damn. Seems like you had a terrible childhood.
Jason: We all did.
Crystal: We?
Jason: Me and my friends. Well, more like family really. The children of the Rejects is what we are. But everyone calls us Misfits.
Crystal: Cool name.
Jason: I guess.
Crystal: Well come on. We should head home to meet your friends. It's most likely that they are already there.
Jason: Yeah. Got it Mom.
Crystal: Don't... Nevermind.
Jason smirks and follows his mother to her vehicle.

(Back at base)

Taylor: Seems like everyone has did their jobs boss.
Jess: Good, no more work until tomorrow.
Jayden: Shouldn't we have been out there with them?
Jess: I am tired and wanted a break. You could've gone with them.
Jayden: Nah. I couldn't leave my wife at home alone.
Jayden kisses Jess on the lips.
Jess: Awww, thanks sweety.
Jayden: Of course.
Casey: Damn. It's bigger then I remembered.
Jess and Jayden turn around and see Casey standing in the center of the room.
Jayden: Who are you?!
Jess: How the hell did you get in here without the alarms setting off?
Taylor: Guys, something's wrong? The readings are saying that he's-
Casey: Let me tell them. Hi Mom. Hi dad. It's me, Casey. And I've come from the future to make sure you and the other Rejects don't die. You know, our normal everyday lives.