[VOL 8] Spending Time pt 1

Casey is in the kitchen eating cereal while Jayden and Jess are watching.
Casey: You know it's weird to stare at someone when they're eating.
Jayden: Sorry, it's just weird to see our son all grown up when he's literally upstairs sleeping.
Casey: It's alright dad, I understand.
Jess: So tell us about yourself. What was life like?
Casey: Under a wizard? Pretty crappy. It's kinda all grey and gloomy. Zarr, the wizard, made sure everyone knew their place, especially the Gifted. Supposedly a group of Gifted would defeat him and he feared that so he made sure we all were kept in the Gallows. Basically a destroyed part of St.Paul.
Jayden: Didn't we try to stop him?
Casey: You did, but you lost your powers in the process. Most of you lived for a few years later but you two, Herc, and Crystal all died by Zarr's hands. Tobias died when he tried to save 300 people. Isaiah died protecting Carly and Uncle Mike... he died by saving the son who betrayed him.
Jess: Damn... Sounds like Mike though.
Jayden: He would sacrifice himself for others.
Casey: He almost died trying to save you two... but he failed. Then he raised me and D.W. together. Mike never called me son, always Kid. And he always told me how great you two were.
Jayden: ... Alright, let's change the subject.
Jess: Yeah! So tell us about your love life. Did you find anyone?
Casey was silent for a while.
Jess: Sorry.
Casey: It's fine Mom. I was 16 and I was just trying not to be noticed when I saw this girl getting beat up by her father. He was yelling at her, saying she was a bastard child. I punched him in the face and grabbed her. She was so beautiful. We fell in love. Mike, of course, made jokes but was glad I found someone. Then Zarr took her and me because Mike wasn't being loyal enough. I tried to attack him but he ripped my arm off.
He grabs his metal arm.
Casey: Then he snapped her neck. And I was helpless to stop him. I returned home and I vowed to kill him and save our world. The others soon followed me and we been fighting him for 6 years.
Jayden hugs his son and Jess soon follows. Tears fall from Casey's eyes.
Jess: We are so sorry you had to live through that.
Jayden: We should've been there.
Casey: You're here now. And you love me. That's all that matters.

(In the lab)

Tobias enters to see T.J. standing over a microscope.
Tobias: This seems primative right?
T.J.: Not really.
Tobias: I don't know what to say to you.
T.J.: No need, you'll be leaving soon.
Tobias: What you-
Tobias's phone rings and he pulls it out and answers.
Tobias: Hello?... What?... I'll be on my way.
Tobias leaves and T.J. hears the garage doors open and a car leaves. He leaves the lab and Taylor is sitting in her wheelchair waiting.
Taylor: It's your birthday isn't it?
T.J.: Yeah. He needs to be there.
Taylor grabs his hand.
Taylor: He'll be a great father.
T.J.: I know.