CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Luna - TUC FANFICTION

"I hate whenever they call me little loonie..."

Warning! Violence, and strong language.

◆ ☾ ☘ ◆

"Am I a private detective agency to you now?" Mr Choi complained as he placed the document on the table. "Making me run background checks? You shouldn't do this!"

Motak opens the envelope, placing the papers of information about different people.

"They've been reading people's minds using their powers as counters, and I got anxious. They'll be excommunicated as soon as yung finds out. I can't believe their nerves." Ms Chu stated as she placed down a cup of coffee from their coffee machine and sat on the chair beside Mun.

"I know it's just a cup of coffee, but try have some class. That's what life's about." Mr Choi said and Ms Chu glared at him.

"Just take what you get, okay? Great work."

Luna shook her head and smiles at them. She saw the paper that has a picture of Noh Changgyu as she looked down and bit her lip.

"Those brothers lived very dirty lives, even for kids whose parents died early and who didn't have good circumstances." Mr Choi commented and holding his cup of coffee.

"I can't believe this." Ms Chu commented. "How did someone with 11 previoud convictions become Taesin's executive director?"

"They found a successful lord. It's Cho Taesin." Mr Choi stated and showed the picture together with his information. "Cho Taesin, this guy. He's unbelievable. He was a dealer."

"A drug dealer?"

"Yes, then he cleaned up everything, made himself presentable, came out into the world. Then Cho Taesin took over a construction firm, and Noh Hanggyu found a goods and services company. Then the next year, all of a sudden, Jungjin was overtaken with a redevelopment craze." Mr Choi explained. Luna sighed and snatched a document.

"All of a sudden?"

"All of a sudden. Fishy, isn't it? They have someone in their hands."

"Who?" Ms Chu puzzled.

"Shin Myeonhwi." Mun uttered and their gaze went to him as Mr Choi nodded.

"Yes, that's right. Shin Myeonghwi was the head of this borough back then. The puzzle is coming together, right?" Mr Choi took a glances at each of them. Hana sit back straight and nodded. Luna putting her chin on her palm placing her elbow on the table.

"They made up Taesin Group as a front, but they've been operating 11 more companies with a puppet boss, just as he did while dealing drugs." Mr Choi spread the other information of other people and they took each of them to check it.

"These have to be paper companies that launder money to create slush funds."

"There was an article on this back in 2014." Hana uttered as they whirled to her. "The prosecution began to investigate Taesin's slush fund, but the article and the case both deleted very quickly."

"They got their hands on the prosecution too?" Mr Choi asked and Hana nodded.

"The prosecutor in charge of the investigation was seen on tv as Song's attorney. He's a part of Taesin's legal team," said Hana.

"How do you know that?"

"Song Manho's company, Daejong Construction Firm... belonged to my dad before." Hana uttered and looked down. Mr Choi gasped, Motak snatches the information about Song Manho and Luna frowned, and narrowing her brows.