CHAPTER FOURTY

CHAPTER FOURTY
Daylight - TUC FANFICTION

"i thought this is safe..."

◆ ☾ ☘ ◆

luna scratch her ear, furrowed her brows, perplexed, and heard a sounds that not familiar to her. she turned to the tv

"the release of cctv footage from random serial killings that occured this afternoon at a commercial building in jungjin has shocked the public. the police collected all the footage from the area..." the reporter said as the photos of a people, luna was familiar to the two which is ji cheongsin and bae but she was not familiar to the other one.

"that's ji cheongsin. isn't it?" mun uttered, stepped forward, staring at the tv screen.

"what are those jerks doing?" motak questioned.

"what should we do? they'll keep doing that whenever they get hungry." hana spun to the ms chu.

"it's not something we can handle. this isn't good. let's go up together," said ms chu.

luna sighed, shakily, and tilting her head, looking at her boyfriend who is feeling fuming while staring at the screen, intensely.

◆ ☾ ☘ ◆

counters went to the yung to meet their partners, luna run to give a tightly hug for her mother, and felt her mother's hands stroking her back.

mun smiled and bowed respectively to his partner also the others.

"ji cheongsin has been complete." wigen announced.

luna furrowed her brows and goes to stand beside motak.

"complete?" mun questioned, confounded, and gazing at the others.

"the host and the evil spirit have become one."

"what?"

"that's the infamous final level of the evil spirit."

"he's now immortal. he'll now live forever." giran said.

"wait, then what... what's going to happen now?" mun asked, he felt a combination of frustration, sadness, also anger.

"our references say that an evil spirit who becomes whole obtains a new kind of power. "

"what is it?"

"it can begin to heal itself just as ms chu does."

they all gasped and thought that this time cheongsin will be difficult to fight.

"so how can we capture him?" ms chu questioned. "it's our first time, but i'm sure you have some kind of data."

"yes, you just mentioned that you had references."

"it's from over a century ago." suho said.

"what?"

"it's practically our first time too, ms chu," said u-sik.