CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
Luna - TUC FANFICTION

"I can't sleep without seeing how unnie died in his hands..."

◆ ☾ ☘ ◆

Luna found herself kneeled down infront where Jeongyeong's coffin, looking gloomy. She didn't expect her sudden death that happened last night. The police were saying that she did suicide but Luna refused to believe it and she know Jeongyeong can't do such thing like that especially now that Motak remembered everything. She's currently overthinking of how she die and what were the reasons why they killed her.

Hayeon was staring at her bestfriend almost getting depressed. she took a deep breath and approaches Luna.

"Luna, Mun must be worried now and also Ms chu and Hana." Hayeon said, softly, gently pats Luna's shoulder.

"You're right. I'm sorry." Luna frowned, thought of her boyfriend that she knows Mun is worried since she didn't reply him back. They both moved to the table and Hayeon gave Luna a bottle of water.

"Yula, I already expected that you're here." Jangmul appeared behind them, he was staring at Luna who was gulping a water and examining her ginger hair that she bleached before she goes at their current location, jungjin funeral home.

"Yula?" Luna puzzled, furrowing her brows. Her eyes were also covered by her big sunglasses.

"A temporary name so they don't recognize you. Your hair looks great on you." Jangmul complimented and Luna just stared at the elder, unamused.

Luna sighed, "I'll wait for you outside, Mr Choi."

Jangmul gave her a nod and watch the girl stood up and goes out while Hayeon kept her eyes on her bestfriend.

Luna knew their eyes were pity for her and she already used of it since she lost her parents, sister, granny and now Jeongyeong. But still, she can't control her sadness and felt broken once more.

Luna thought of "what if my counter family were next in line to die?", "what if they actually died because of me?" and "why the world hates me?"

Her deep thoughts didn't aware that Jangmul done sending his condolences to Jeongyeong's mother and approached the girl who was in deep thought.

"Let's go, Luna. Everyone is also worried about you."

◆ ☾ ☘ ◆

Jangmul and Luna arrived at the restaurant and everyone were waiting for their arrival, except Motak who was actually shattered and devastated by Jeongyeong death.

Mun quickly approached Luna and wrapped his arms around her body, didn't care about their eyes that were staring at them, shocked by his action.

"We came from her funeral." said Jangmul. The couple behind him pulled away, as Mun held Luna's hand and made her sat down on a wooden chair.

"Is the burial tomorrow?" Ms Chu questioned, a sadness was shown in her voice.

"Yes, I'm sure you guys all want to go to the funeral but say your goodbyes later." Jangmul stated and nodded. Also Ms Chu nodded. Mun put his hand on Luna's shoulder sending a comfort and Luna gave him a weak smile.

The other door opens and Motak came in with his black suit. "There's no 'later'."

Motak walked, looking tired and gloomy. "Today's the last day I can do it."

"You'll go there too?" Jangmul asked, found it too risky. "Motak, please calm down and think rationally. You're aware they all think you guys are dead. I know Luna is stubborn and you can't stop her from going to her funeral. This is risky. You shouldn't be seen now."

Luna sighed in disbelief, exchanging her gaze between Jangmul and Motak.

"But I need to say a proper goodbye. We never really had a chance to talk." Motak said, going to the door and Jangmul sighed, disapproved.

Ms Chu stood up and tries to stop him, "Motak." Ms Chu called. Motak acted like he didn't heard her and stepped out of the restaurant, their gaze were all on him.

"I'll go with him." Mun told them, wearing his black cap and pressed his lips on Luna's cheek as he follows Motak out.

Luna understand why he acted like that, he's more shattered than her. Motak just lost his beloved woman, whom waiting for him for the past seven years.

◆ ☾ ☘ ◆

Hana successfully convinced Luna to take a nap for a while since she kept yawning earlier and her eyes were heavy and about to shut down.

Luna was currently in her room, laid down on her mattress and peacefully taking a nap. As her eyebrows furrowed, baffled of what she's dreaming about and it was something about her thirteen-year-old's memory.

A thirteen-year-old Luna was sat across of Detective Ga, whom interviewing the girl, claiming herself as a witness to Kim Yeongnim's murder case.

Luna plays her fingers and looking at her lap. She's afraid to tell yet she wanted to give Yeongnim a justice.

"Are you telling me that you were at the crime scene?" Detective Ga asked, calmly and staring at the girl softly.

"Y-yes... I can't sleep... T-that's why, I want to tell... who is detective in charge of unnie's (Yeongnim) case." Luna stuttered, she seems so nervous and looks around her.

"Who did you saw? Is it-"

"Shin Myeonghwi. He- he killed unnie. I don't know the reason. But I saw him stabbing unnie and another person came in. I don't know who he was. He cleaned up Shin Myeonghwi's mess. Please, give unnie a justice." Luna sobbed, tears flowing through her cheeks and couldn't stop crying.

Detective Ga wrote it down and put his notes in his jacket. He gently strokes Luna's head, sending a comfort to the girl.

"Don't worry. I promise you that I will going to give her a justice."

Everything happened fast, as another place was shown and Luna was sitting in the bench, staring at the moon that completely shone in the dark sky.

"Kang Lunauelle? That's your name, right?" A man voice that Luna heard behind her and she turned, not showing any emotion.

"May I sit with you?" He politely asked for a permission, Luna slowly nodded as an approval.

"My name is So Gwon. I heard you told to a detective that you are witness to Kim Yeongnim's case and we are now working together to give a justice for her." He explained, and Luna sense that she can also trust her but not fully.

"I... I've been waiting for Mr Ga. He told me to wait here until he caught a great news but didn't show up, only his girlfriend, Ms Kim." said Luna and kept her eyes on the moon.

"Mr Ga told me to say sorry for not showing up because he's really busy right now and he sent me here to ask you some questions that you possible know."

Luna answered Mr So's questions honestly and she thought he's kind, polite, and calmed like Mr Ga. So, Luna decided to fully trust him.

As Luna on the way back to her house, she saw the light changed the red light to green light, she started to walk and staring at the girl infront of her, who was walking slowly and her head was down.

The light changes quick, and a truck was heading towards them. Luna heard the horn of the truck, she turned and swiftly goes to pushed the girl on the side as the truck hits her.

Luna's eyes sharply opened, and gasped. She held her head, gripped her hair and she can't forget everything in the past, especially when she witnessed how Yeongnim died.

◆ ☾ ☘ ◆

'ello another boring chapter that i created again and i'm disappointed with myself. i'm really terrible yet i tried to be good one. and to tell you i am planing to write the rest chapter so i could finish the season 1 and publish it soon.

anyway, i'm happy that y'all are still reading this and i am very thankful.

-unedited.