CHAPTER FOURTY-THREE

Daylight - TUC FANFICTION

"i belive you, mun..."

◆ ☾ ☘ ◆

after everything that tragicqlly happened at the children's home, luna know how it really hurts for mun about it.

mun just witnessed how cheongsin suicide infront of him. however, to mun, he knew to himself that he still feel cheongsin in this workd along with his parents.

on the other hand, luna was still baffled, and solemnly aware the sounds that she could possibly hear it again.

hana caught luna scratched her ear, and sees her baffled face.

luna hasn't said to hana about it.

luna already thought this ability a helpful, and she would still think about how weird to see the counters' life strings glowing white. on the other hand, she was now astonished that she could see a black strings that glowing onto her fingertips.

she considered the black strings that represents the evil spirits, because black represents the evil spirits.

currently, they are at the yung, discussint about cheongsin's death and dissipated. luna glances at her boyfriend, who was lowered his head, frowning, and his eyes were puffy.

"you said— they were immortal. you said level-four evil spirits never die." mun muttered, not looking at wigen.

"because he was inside the barrier, the ability to be immortal was probably deactivated." wigen answered. "mun, as you know, when a host dies, both the evil spirit and all the other spirits that were licked inside die with it."

mun shook his head, "no. that can't be right. no way. there's no way my parents' souls dissipated in vain like that."

luna reached his shoulder, and gently pats him.

"you see, i can still feel them. i know they're still somewhere in this realm." mun sniffled. ms chu placed her hand on his shoulder to give comfort, and lowered her head.

"i'm sorry i couldn't keep my promise, mun."

luna moved herself closer, and hugged him. a shed of tear fell on her cheek, she tightly embraced mun.

she is definitely going to do everything to help mun, and know if cheongsin is really alive, and he's in another body.

◆ ☾ ☘ ◆

counters were gathered at the restaurant, minus mun. luna grabs her comfort food, strawberries. hana crossed her arms, staring at lune, meanwhile ms chu and mr choiwatching the kids outside and talk.

"but i wonder where baek hyanghui went." motak spoke up.

"i'm sure that crazy girl is going to cause trouble sooner or later."

the bell chimes, and mun came in with determination drawn on his face.

"mun."

"you see, i won't give up like this." mun started to state, and they looked at him listening to him. "you may think i'm crazy, but i can really feel them. i can still feel my parents' presence in this realm."

luna chewed the strawberry and gulped. she grabbed another, and kept her ear on mun.

"i'll keep going. i have to, for the sake of my grandparents."

"mun." motak was going to say something but ms chu gestured him.

"no, just give me some time. i'll take a little break from my job as a counter." they gasped, and surprised at his statement. "i promise you i'll find the evil spirit that has vanished."

luna sighed, and stood up. "mun."

mun was going to get out but luna called him, and he turned to her. "don't try to change my mind. luna, i—"

"i believe you, mun." luna interjected. those words shocked them all. "i've been hiding this ability that i could see your life string, all of you. also, i found recently that i could see cheongsin's life string, and baek hyanghui."

hana furrowed her brows, stood up. "if you both are right, i think it found a hist with the same vibrational frequency. luna just revealed that she can see his life string, maybe cheongsin is gone to someone who's that evil."

"you two."

"mun has a point. and luna, we know how lucky she's been, deceloping an another ability that could help us. well, that was a level-four evil spirit. there's a possiblity that the evil spirit killed the host and found itself a new host upon becoming complete." hana explained, and they started to tought about her explanation. luna showed a small smile.

"if that is what happened, we'll need to spot the evil spirit in its new host, so summon our territory at a place where it may show up." luna walked closer to mun, pointed her strawberry at him and bites it. "then, me and hana will try to spot it."

mun stared at her eyes, he could feel his hope became high, and felt his heart racing.

"all right. we'll do it even if there's only a one-in-a-million chance." motak approached them, and gave an assuring smile.

"let's do everything we can." ms chu came closer, and hana placed her hand on luna's shoulder. ms chu soun, and glared at mr choi. "right?"

"yes! of course, we should. that was my plan anyway." mr choi answered, and goes closer to them.

luna snorted, and caught a glimpse of mun, he is ginning.

"you should've said so before."

"yes, it's too late."

"is it?"

"do you really mean it?"

"yes, i do."

ms chu saw mun, covering his eyes, "don't cry."

"you silly goose, why are you crying?"

"goodness."

"if you cry, the rainbow—"

"hey enough. don't ever say you quit."

luna giggles, and smiled at them. they hug mun, giving a comfort and giving him a high hope about cheongsin being alive.

◆ ☾ ☘ ◆

i'm sorry if it took long. i had been busy, and it was hard to write if you don't have any inspiration. i'm working on the next chapter also the next next chapter.

hope you guys have a nice and good weekend! ^^

pleaseee vooteee!! thankkkyouuuu!!🎀🎀

-unedited.