Chapter 92

It was wedding day and it was early in the morning around 4am and Shehnaaz's alarm went off as she had to wake up to shower and for hair and makeup . She got up from her bed and saw all her aunties and friends and mum lying on her bed and hugging eachother she giggled and went into her bathroom. After she showered she came out wearing her robe and everyone was awake in her room and were just staring at her .

Shehnaaz- what happened? Do I have something on my face?

Pammi - no puttar .. it's just that today your getting married and

Shehnaaz- oh mummy I love you I'm getting married and I'm happy please now stop crying and let's start getting ready before the makeup artist comes and sees us all in this condition..

All laughed and started going to get ready as the photographer and videographer will be coming soon to shoot Shehnaaz getting ready in her bridal outfit .

Shehnaaz changed into her top and left the bottoms for later and set up her room for the hair and makeup artist .

The makeup artist arrived and was a friend of Shehnaaz's and she set up her tools and makeup in Shehnaaz's bedroom. Shehnaaz sat down on the chair infront of the mirror and the makeup artist started her magic of turning Shehnaaz into the most beautiful bride .

In the Shukla house sidharth hardly got any sleep as he was so excited and nervous for the ceremony as he didn't want to muck it up. He got up around 5:30am and went for a shower as Baaz and his friend will be here to tie his turban for the anand karaj . All the Shukla's were awake and getting ready for the wedding too.

In the Gill mansion Shehnaaz was finished getting ready her hair and makeup was done as she wanted a minimal look and to look natural for her wedding day .  Shehnaaz came downstairs and the time was 8am and her family were waiting for her to come down and so was the photographer and videographer.. she came down and everyone started crying at her beauty .. Shehnaaz was directed to the couch where she sat and her parents came and placed her bridal chunni over her head and the photographer took photos and then her cousin sisters came and put the kaleera on her choora. Shehnaaz was fully ready and she was taking photos with her whole family .

The photographers and videographers other team reached the Shukla's house where everyone was ready and sidharth was sitting on a chair getting his turban tied by baaz's friend the photographer took photos and then sidharth's sisters put the sehra on his face and Adith was his sarbala ( best man ) as they were no little boys . Baaz left to get back home to finish getting ready for the ceremony as he was driving Shehnaaz to the Gurudwara he got the car decorated and the red Audi was driven by kaushal who was given directions where to go and that car was also decorated as Sidnaaz will be returning in that car .

It was time to leave for the Gurudwara on both sides .. Shehnaaz came outside and walked towards the car and sat in the front seat.  Sidharth walked outside the house and they was a dhol playing and a horse waiting for him to jump on .. he sat on the horse and took a few steps forward and his sisters fed the horse and tied a thread on it . Sidharth hopped down and sat in the audi in the front seat and they left for the Gurudwara . For the rest of the Shukla family other cars and drivers were organised.

They reached the Gurdwara and Shehnaaz was taken inside the bridal room .

Sidharth and his family arrived at the gurdwara and Shehnaaz's family were waiting to greet them with the Milni ceremony ( exchange of gifts between the two families) the granthi did the ardaas and gave blessings to both sides and then they headed inside for breakfast.

It was now time to head inside the darbar sahib for the anand karaj .. sidharth's family entered first and metha tak and sat down . Now it was time for Shehnaaz's entry with her parents and brothers she was walking in and sidharth was trying to control to not look at her straight away.. she walked until the front and metha tak and sat in front of the Guru Granth Sahib for the wedding ceremony. Sidharth came and sat next to her and smiled when he saw her .. her papa came when requested for the pala ceremony ( giving away of the daughter )

The granthi started reciting the vows in Hindi and Punjabi so everyone could understand.. it was time for the laavan ( the four rounds ) sidharth and Shehnaaz stood up and walked around the Guru Granth Sahib four times and signed the registry papers . It was official Sidnaaz were married .

After the ceremony everyone had langar at the Gurudwara and Sidnaaz went for a photo shoot and then Baaz took Shehnaaz back with him to the house .. sidharth arrived there at her place to take his bride and after negotiating with her cousins and friends and paying $4000 he was let inside where the Sagan ceremony started with her family where they showered her with gifts 🎁 and blessings .

Now it was the time for the doli and Shehnaaz already was getting teary 🥹 she got up and her mum put the bowl of rice infront of her and Shehnaaz took a handful and threw it in every corner  of the the room . And started crying when she hugged her papa and mummy but she cried a lot when she hugged Baaz . Her family walked her out to the car and she looked back and hugged her family in a group hug again and sat in the car .. sidharth folded his hands and hugged her family .. and sat in the car .. mummy ji put a glass of milk on the tyres for best wishes to the couple and all the men in her family stood behind the car and pushed it out and Baaz pushed and then sat in the front seat of the Audi and sidharth's jiju threw coins over the car as it was driving out .

Sidnaaz reached the Shukla house and sidharth's sister preeti came to help them out of the car .. Sidnaaz came out and stood at the front door and Rita maa was waiting for the paani varna ceremony of welcoming the newly weds .. she completed the ceremony and welcomed them inside ..

Sidnaaz sat down and Rita maa gave Sagan to both of them and the rest of his family did the same .. they played some games and then Baaz left to go back home and now Sidnaaz were together with his family and friends .. it was around 5pm and Shehnaaz was getting tired and Rita maa told her to go and rest in the room .. Shehnaaz got up with Riya and went inside hers and sidharth's bedroom and sidharth tried to follow but was stopped by Rita maa saying tonight she will sleep alone tomorrow will be your first night ok .. now go and rest ..

Hope you liked the update

Thank you for all the love and support 💜