CHAPTER-3 The Princess Of the Raghuvanshis

RAGHUVANSHI MANSION

The walls of the Raghuvanshi mansion were peaceful. Badi Hukum (Geetanjali Raghuvanshi) was sitting in the hall as usual drinking her morning tea. Her daughter-in-law came downstairs and wished her morning. She gave a dirty glance to her daughter-in-law.

"You have been very bold these days. Isn't it?" Geetanjali Raghuvanshi said venomously to her.

"MaaSa, I—just---", Parineeta Raghuvanshi stopped by seeing the raised palm of her mother-in-law.

Geetanjali Devi began again. "I am seeing your every move. Ever since I have to put you in charge you have started to fly on your own. You think me as a fool that I don't know that because of you that evil girl is back. God knows what you have done to my son. He is also dancing on your steps these days. Don't forget your responsibilities and duties because of that girl or I will show you what Geetanjali Raghuvanshi is capable of."

Parineeta's eyes filled with tears. She heard her husband 's footsteps coming downstairs and quickly dap them away. As Shlok Raghuvanshi reached the hall, he found the atmosphere heavy. He gave a glance at his wife who moved her face away from his sight. He walked to his mother who was behaving as if nothing happened. He wished her mother a Morning and she replied with a huge smile. Parineeta awkwardly sat beside her husband and gave him his tea before taking hers. She has learned to act as if nothing happened over the years she spent with Raghuvanshi's as their RaniSa.

"A very good morning to my dear family." A female voice chirped aloud as she enters the hall. She was a beautiful lady with an hourglass body, long straight hair, big and sharp eyes followed by full lips, and milky skin. She was wearing a knee-length dress with long shoes and a small bag in her hand.

Geetanjali Devi's face split into a huge smile as she quickly put down her teacup and fold her newspaper to keep aside. She opens her hands to call her granddaughter for a hug. The girl ran into her arms. The Badi Hukum of the Raghuvanshi doesn't bend down for anyone except the princess of the Raghuvanshi's - Asmita Gauri Raghuvanshi.

"How's my princess?" Geetanjali devi asked.

"Perfect as always." She replied.

"How was the trip? Was everything okay?" Shlok asked her with a smile.

"It was good BabaSa. I liked and learned many things, except the food." She said with a chuckle. "It was not good as MaaSa's. I missed her food the most. Please make something for me today MaaSa."

"She can't princess," Shlok spoke before Parineeta could reply.

"Why?" she asked.

"She had an accident and is still recovering. It's not good for her to be in the kitchen cooking. You have been informed about the accident, wasn't it?" Shlok said.

"Oh yeah! Sorry, I forgot. I heard she was critical but now she looks perfect to me so I guess it slipped out of my mind. It's okay MaaSa. You don't have to cook for me. It's just it's been days since I had homemade food made with love. You take rest"

Parineeta felt the bitter taste of her words and quickly responded, "It's okay, Asmita I will cook something for you. I am fine now." Parineeta quickly said.

"But--" Shlok began but was instantly cut by Geetanjli Devi.

"Come on Beta, she can cook at least a simple lunch for our princess. It's not like she will be doing all the work, maids will be helping her thoroughly. Asmita must be missing the food made by her mother and Parineeta seems to be in good health now as she has no problem roaming around. Isn't it Parineeta?" Geetanjali Devi taunted.