CHAPTER-21 Home

MRUNAL POV

Suddenly there was sound of band. I was confused as well. Everyone look towards the door and soon he appeared with his DadiMa who was smiling at every body. They were followed by lian's friend and sister. His DadiMa came forward with a smile and exchanged greetings.

She went in front of Badi Hukum and hugged her tightly. I looked at them completely baffled. I move my eyes towards Lian who gave me an assuring blink.

"Geetanjali, look we are family now. Finally, our husbands' wishes have come true. I am so happy Geet. You?"
She spoke tugging all the former's heart strings.

"Okay, let's leave this get together for now. Let's jump to the main part after all we are in hurry to take our daughter-in-law with us. " She said as she walked to me. She smiled broadly at me and took my hands to kiss them.

"Mrunal, I am happy with this union but I obviously didn't like the way it happened. Maybe gods planned it thag way and I have enough faith in you both so here wear this so we can take our bride with us." She said indicating  me towards the huge thal Pankhuri was holding.

"Please get ready in this. it's minimal only." She requested. I looked at Lian and he nodded his head. I was quite bewildered as it was definitely not in our plan and i don't want to make any scene in front of my newly found in laws. Where to go now.

"Come,Mrunal let's go to my room." Padmini came to my rescue and we went upstairs followed by a happy Pankhuri.

As we reached I opened the cloth placed on the thal and saw a plain red saree but with real gold work on the borders along with a gold jewellery set. I quickly got ready with the help of Padmini and Pankhuri. When we were done I looked aty reflection. I almost gave up the idea of dressing up like this.

When I came back DadiMa came to me and placed a kajal dot behind my ears. Ishita and Dario was also there now as before coming here I did went to villa and informed them.

"let's complete the ritual in the temple now." DadiMa said and took me to the temple of the Raghuvanshis. She made Lian and me stood in front of each other right in front of the idols. She brought out a sindoor box and asked Lian to fill my partition in front of all. I looked around and found everyone looking at us. My eyes meet with RajaSa and RaniSa I quickly averted my sight.

I looked in the front to see Lian standing with the sindoor box. He also looked at the gods once, then at the sindoor, me and dadi and then gradually took a pinch of vermillion. As his hands come close to my hair partition, I slowly closed my eyes and a shiver ran down my whole body as I felt his fingertips on my partition filling it with the auspicious vermillion. When I felt him retire his hands, I opened my eyes. We looked at each other kneel down to take blessings from the gods and then we both took Dadi's blessings.

"Now then, I think we should leave. I am not expecting anything from your side now. So, it's better I rushed to our haveli as I have lots of things prepared for my Bahuranisa." DadiMa chirped joining her hands. Well,she is the boss, nobody spoke a word against her. She came with an aura and shut everybody up even Geetanjali Raghuvanshi. Raghuvanshi's were standing like watching a circus.

DadiMa started to leave and we followed her. Lian hold my hands and give it a small squeeze. I looked at him. I gave a small smile to him and followed him. As I passed the Raghuvanshi's I saw everybody like it's my last time. Asmita was fuming with anger and I felt very satisfied. Achnitya and Padmini gave me a tight hugged. Ishita wished me goodbye with tears. This girl always told me to get out and now bawling her eyes out. Dario was smiling like an idiot he is. He was giving me a look that says I told you.