CHAPTER- 11 Celebration at Rathore Palace

RATHORE MANSION

The RanaSa of the Rathore's is restlessly moving around the corridors checking on the preparations and servants restlessly following his instructions. His grandma is still asleep and he is waiting eagerly to wish her. Veer is also doing the last-minute touch up to ensure the perfect birthday of the Badi RaniMa of the Rathore's. Soon they entered the room of the old lady. She was awake now and sitting on the bed doing her morning prayer. RanaSa sat on the edge of her bed waiting for her to finish. After finishing her prayer, she looked at him with a smile. Her grandson smiled at her and jumped to hug her.

"Happy Birthday DadiMa," he wished.

"Thanks a lot, Bache" she replied.

They were joined by the RaniMa who came with a smile and wished her mother-in-law with a hug. Veer who was standing beside the bed looking at the pair with a smile also wished her.

"Don't tell me she is still sleeping instead of wishing her Dadi." the birthday lady pouted as she was missing the joy of Rathore's.

"How can I?" the girl came running and clung to the old lady. "Happy Birthday my Gorgeous Dadi"

"Pankhu, my cutie!" the old lady gushed at her granddaughter. The pampered princess of the Rathores- Pankhuri Rathore.

"Okay now get up DadiMa I want to show your birthday gift." RanaSa was excited like a child as it is his birthday. The old lady got up with her grandson holding her. Her present was put up in her room wall by the sitting area. It was a huge and covered with a cloth. She looked at his grandson for assuming what it is. Veer quickly give her a soft silk rope to pull the cloth away. Pakhuri and Amrita also waited eagerly. RaniMa slowly pull the rope and the huge cover fall down and seeing the present her eyes get filled with tears. She was mesmerised by the huge painting of her and her beloved husband in a small jharokha which was their favourite spot of their palace, they were smiling and looking at each other in their wedding dress. It was like a picture of today's post wedding shoot. She laughed and cried at the same time and lean her head on her grandson's huge chest absorbing the happiness of the painting.

"Do you like it." her grandson asked.

She raised her head to see him and nodded with a tearful eye and smiled. After looking at the painting for few more minutes they went on to their chores as a small puja is also been kept. Everyone praised the painting and Lian's choice.

---------

Soon the sun set in the west and Rathore Palace shined with bright lights. The palace was getting filled with guests to congratulate the queen mother.

RaniMa was getting the last touch on her makeover under the guidance of her Dadughter-in-law when there was a knock on a door. They turned around to see RanaSa standing in an off white sherwani with a gold chain dangling around his neck. He has combed his hairs neatly and let them fall around his face with a small diamond stud in his left ear. The royal ring of Rathore adoring his finger along with a gold bracelet. He was tuning with her. she herself was draped in an off white saree which is adorned completely with minakri work which is gifted to her by Amrita. She paired with pearl and pink stone jewellery. They smiled at each other.

"oh my, look at you DadiMa, you look so beautiful." Lian said kissing her back of the hands. then he looked at his mother who was narrowing her eyes due to lack of compliment. Lian chuckled and placed a kiss on Amrita's cheek and said " My mother is looking stunning, as usual." Amrita smiled softly at the complement. Soon they were joined by veer and Pankhuri. They all shared complements and jokes to enjoy the happy occasion. RaniMa asked Veer and Pankhuri to check on the guest and called Lian close to her.