CHAPTER- 7 Meeting

LIAN RATHORE

I was in my office drowned in my work. Suddenly my phone rang. It was an unknown number so picked it up irritatingly.

"Hello, am I speaking to Mr. Lian Raghuvir Singh Rathore." A female voice asked.

"Yes"

"Hello, it's Mrunal. We met at the temple. You asked me to call you if I get time for the painting." She spoke and I recognised her instantly. I went with DadiMa to the temple few days back and I saw the girl painting on the wall of temple. The painting on the temple was as beautiful as she was. She had a round face with big light brown eyes. Her chubby cheeks were highlighted by a light pink tint with a cherry colour lip paint. A small black Bindi on the middle of her forehead with baby hairs adoring it. She was wearing a nice kurti and had her hair were knotted in a big messy bun with a help of a painting brush. She was engrossed in making the painting of Siya- Ram. I was looking for a painter with a different art style to commission a painting for DadiMa. So, I approached her that dayday but unfortunately she was not available.

"Hello?" her serene voice came again.

"Yes, Mrunal I remember. I guess you are up for the painting as you called me."

"Yes, I want to work on it." she answered.

"If you are free today, can you meet with me to discuss about it?" I asked her.

"Yeh sure. I am free. Whenever you want." She replied.

"Okay, then let's meet at evening. I will message you the address."

"Sure, thank you. Goodbye." She spoke and after answering I disconnected the call. I throw my head back on my office chair. She unknowingly came into my thoughts.

MRUNAL POV

I quickly get ready for the meeting with Lian Rathore. I paired a simple purple colour t shirt with long sleeves with black jeans. I let my long hairs sway in a sleek pony tail. I did a minimal makeup and wore my watch and earrings. I took a sling bag and my portfolio which have some of my best paintings images. I jumped my way downstairs.

BadiMa was sitting with RaniSa of Raghuvanshi. Ishita was standing near the stairs. The ladies on the sofa turned towards me as they heard my footsteps. I raised my head a bit and slowly descended the rest stairs. As I reached Ishita, I told her I am going out. As I walked further RaniSa got up and opened her mouth but I ignored her royally and walked away in my pace. Upon reaching outside I found a car standing. Earlier after confirmation of the meeting I asked Abhinav to arrange a car for me without any driver tagging along. He was reluctant but as I requested him, he agreed to arrange one for me. I made a mental note to buy a new phone and car for myself. Afterall I am settling temporarily in India.

The car keys were handed to me buy a maid. I thanked her and went on my way. Mr. Rathore messaged me an address of a famous café in the area. I put it into google maps and drove to it.

I reached there in almost forty minutes. I entered the café. It was huge. It has a luxurious sitting area. I looked around a bit and saw Mr. Rathore sitting on a sofa in front of a huge window overlooking the lawn of the café. I went towards him. As I got closer, he looked at me. He was wearing an olive-green shirt with an off-white formal pants. His off-white matching coat was lying on the sofa beside him. He had his hair open today they were not very long as I expected that day. They were barely brushing his shoulder with his long neck. They were looking sleeked and nicely fixed.

"Good evening" I wished formally.

"Evening, please sit." He gestured towards the sofa opposite to him. As he moved his hand, I noticed his well-toned arms with rolled up sleeves.