CHAPTER- 10 Invitation

RATHORE PALACE

It is a fresh morning; the weather is very clean. In the master bedroom of the Rathore palace winds are blowing through the huge windows. Long white curtains flaring due to the impact accompanied by dull early sunrays penetrating the dark room. the owner of the room is sleeping on the bed. His bare torso glowing in the sunrays and shoulder length hairs brushing on his face and neck. His one hand on his chest holding his phone. He was peacefully sleeping in this weird position. Suddenly his face contract due to some disturbance he shook his sleep away and put his ringing phone to his ears. Veer, his friend who was now playing the role of assistant called him to remind him about a meeting in a couple of hours. He hummed in his morning hoarse voice and cut the phone. He was very sleepy as he was awake till late at night talking to her.

He forced himself to sit up trying to wake his mind. He checked the phone to see any reply. Tomorrow was an amazing day. After so many years he went to an amusement park. He played games and enjoyed many rides with Mrunal and Anindita. Over these days he has become close with Mrunal. She was being childish with her little niece and often teasing the former. He was mesmerised by her personality and the sweet giggling. Last night after he came back home, he messaged Mrunal about her whereabouts which turn into a full-fledged conversation which continued till late at night. He unknowingly fell asleep in between as he was waiting for her reply. She disappeared amidst of the convo. Still there was no reply. He frowned and put the phone aside. He dragged himself out of the bed and stretch himself. The muscles on his lean frame stretched as they get prominent. He run his hand in is hair and went to get ready for the day. He was running busy these days as beside work he his planning for his DadiMa's birthday celebration which is only a week away. As he grew up and his hardworking grandmother retired, he always loves to spend her birthday with huge pomp and show. Alter all she is getting old and he want to cherish and celebrate all the moments.

MRUNAL POV

I was sleeping peacefully when a heavy weight crashed on my chest making my eyes open instantly. I relaxed a bit as I realise a little body clinging to my neck.

"Anindita, baby you scared me. what are you doing here in the early morning?"

"zia, it's not morning. It's afternoon."

I sat up quickly hearing her words. She also sat on my bed with a smile. I looked at my phone it was showing twenty minutes passed twelve. I was very late. Last night I feel asleep while chatting with Lian. I checked I left him on seen. I quickly messaged him and apologized. I looked at the happy person in front of me now hoping lightly on my bed.

"Anindita, you should be in the palace na. You promised me that you will behave and will spend time with them." I frowned at her. I carefully make hear understand her mother's situation and try to mend her relationship with Bhai. I made her promise that she will be good to Bhai as I talked with Bhai already and now this little girl rushed to me.

"I didn't break promise. I spend the whole morning with Baba. He brought me here." she told me squealing brightly.

"Bhai is here?" I asked her and she nodded. I quickly left to freshen up.

After freshen up I took Anindita with me to downstairs. I saw Bhai sitting in the hall with a book in his hand. As he heard us coming, he kept the book on the table and looked at us with a smile.

"Good morning-----I mean good afternoon, Bhai" I said with an awkward smile.

He chuckled. Anindita sat beside him and I took the seat in front of them.

"You seem to be very tired yesterday. Feeling okay now?" he asked me.

"Yeah, actually after coming I was occupied by something so didn't sleep till late at night and slept through the whole morning." I replied. Ishita soon came with a plates of cheese sandwiches along with my morning coffee---Mm it's afternoon coffee today.