CHAPTER -8 Engagement

Days quickly passed and the day of engagement came soon. The whole Raghuvanshi palace was decorated beautifully. It was glowing with lights and its brightness could be seen from a far.

"Mrunal what are you wearing?" Ishita was appalled when she saw Mrunal in her blueberry colour lehenga.

"That's called lehenga buddy." Mrunal replied through the mirror. Ishita's jaw was hanging and she was still looking Mrunal from top to bottom.

"Mrunal you will wear this. Here?"

"Yeah. Why?" Mrunal said turning over to face Ishita. She was wearing a blue sparkly lehenga with thin strip blouse. Her skirt which was flared up like a Disney princess gown was sitting just above her navel. A see through drape pinned to her left shoulder.

"You know what Badi Hukum and her sister will say if they see you in this dress. They will think you want to seduce that leacher" Ishita said unbelievingly to her friend's ignorance.

"Am I looking that good?" Mrunal joked. Turning again to the mirror fixing her hair.

"Mrunal, I am not in a mood for your not so funny jokes okay!" Ishita was getting pissed now.

"Common Ishi, I am not going to sit here and think what they are thinking and does it even matter that I am wearing this or something else. Will it change anything. I am feeling good in this and I will wear this."

"Do as you wish." Ishita said and left.

Mrunal get back to getting ready for the happy occasion. She parted her hairs from midway and make a low pony tail. Letting her sway at her waist. She took some baby's breath flower and secure them in her hair knot. She did nude makeup with brown palate and wear big diamond studs. She wore her smart watch on her left hand along with diamond rings. After getting satisfied from her look she put on some perfume wore her silhouettes and pick up her classy clutch. She checked herself in the mirror for the last time and gave a smile to the mirror. She was ready to kill.

RAGHUVANSHI PALACE

It was crowded with people. Everything was shining and glittering. The princess of the Raghuvanshi was standing on the stage with her fiancé smiling at the guests. Akansha was standing close to her favourite cousin. The eldest Raghuvanshis was sitting proudly on a chair accompanied by her beloved sister. The Chauhan couple were standing near the main gate to welcome the important guests. The RajaSa and RaniSa of the Raghuvanshi greeting and talking with delegates. The ring ceremony will soon accommodate. RaniSa was smiling broadly but she was nervous for her Pihu. She couldn't contact with her at all but her good daughter Asmita has ensured her that she has pleaded her little sister to come to grace her engagement with her presence. Thus, Parineeta was looking around to see a glimpse of her little daughter.

Soon she saw a very important person entering so she excused herself to welcome her. Shlok Raghuvanshi also noticed and joined her.

"Welcome KakiSa, we are glad that you came to bless our child." Shlok joined his hands in the front of the old lady.

The old lady smiled "I have to come. After all it was Geetanjali's granddaughter's engagement."

"Please come, I will take you too MaaSa." Parineeta offered.

Parineeta took the old lady with her to Asmita. The couple joined their hands to greet her. She blessed them and gave them present. Then she moved towards Geetanjali devi. Geetanjali devi gave her a fake smile.

"Thanks for coming Prathana." Geetanjali devi spoked with excessive sweetness.

"Obviously, I have to come after all our husbands were good friends and wanted our grandchildren to get married, isn't it?" Prathana Rathore said returning the sweetness.