CHAPTER-24 Wedding Invitation

FEW DAYS LATER

The Rathore family was busy with their daily routines in the morning. Lian and Mrunal were in the study together. Lian was working busily on his desk and Mrunal was lying on the armchair beside him in the study proofreading the drafts of her new book. The serenity broke with a knock and a maid entered to inform them that Achintya and Padmini Chahuan were there with their daughter Anindita. Mrunal almost jumped with excitement as the couple left their work and went downstairs. Little anindita happily rushed to her aunt upon seeing her. Mrunal picked her up in her arms and swirled her around then showered her with kisses. Lian also took her in his arms as she told him about some childish stuff that happened with her.

"Bhai- Padmini" Mrunal hugged both of them.

"How's you?" Achintya asked.

"good" Mrunal replied with a broad smile. Achintya looked at her calmly and found no lines of sadness, only peace and happiness were glowing on her face.

"Woah, it's been a week you have been married so we came to bring you home for the ritual." Achintya said making Mrunal frowned.

"Bhai, woah I don't want to go there." Mrunal said.

"I am aware. I am talking about the Chauhan mansion, Mrunal. Padmini and I have returned there while DadiMa is still there and won't be returning before Asmita's wedding. So, please come with us." Mrunal looked confused but before she could answer Prathana Devi came around and she agreed.

"It's good that we can have the ritual but not today Achintya beta. It's long way and I will not let you guys leave today. You guys stay here and tomorrow you guys can leave." Prathana Devi suggested well more le declared.

Achintya agreed as it's better for Padmini to rest also. The day passed with laughter. At evening, Achintya and Mrunal sat together on the garden stairs. Anindita was playing with Pankhuri and Lian at few feet away.

"Lian seems to be a good guy Mrunal but you know right he is rival of Mamaji." Achintya said.

"That's even better Bhai. We can strike when the problem arises." Mrunal replied.

"Are you sure Mrunal?"

"They proved themselves at the every step and now I am keeping track of everything. No chances of mistake Bhai. I am just waiting for the right time after all my target is only her." Achintya nodded confusingly.

"By the way, Mamaji himself called me and let me know about this ritual," Achintya said. Mrunal looked at him and then averted her gaze. They choose to finish their coffee in silence after this.

The next day Mrunal left for two days with the Chahuan couple. Mrunal spend happy days with them. Mrunal shared many embarrassing stories of Achintya with Padmini. Padmini also enjoyed her company as she was feeling alone and was glad to enjoy the moments. After two days as per the ritual Lian came to bring her back. He came in the morning and they decided to take Anindita out for a day to give some quality time to Achintya and Padmini. They decided to go for a carnival nearby. They spend the whole day roaming around, playing and buying stuff. The sun was setting as Mrunal and Anindita sat lazily on a bench as Lian went to buy ice creams for the princesses.

"Zia, when I will grow up I won't leave any of these huge swings." Anindita declared with a pout as she was not allowed on the most of the swings. Mrunal chuckled. Anindita continued with her rumbling as Mrunal gave her small answers.

"Zia, look pinwheel! Please, buy me one na." Anindita requested and Mrunal got up exhaustingly.

"Stay here, don't move okah." Mrunal said as the vendor was just few feet away.