CHAPTER- 9 A Day Out

MRUNAL

Days were running quickly and I spent lots of time painting the huge piece. A couple of days back Anindita came to me and shared how much she is happy as now she going to have a sibling. I congratulate Bhai and Padmini. However, Anindita's happiness didn't last long as her great-grandmother put her under restrictions. Anindita can't spend time with her mother anymore, she is not allowed to sit on her lap or even play simple things with her mother. Achintya Bhai is so occupied with work and Padmini that he can't spend time with her and eventually when night falls Anindita is restricted from sleeping with Padmini. She sleeps with her Badi grandmother which has furthers put the five-year-old girl into sadness.

Last night she refused to go back to the main palace. I tried to pursue her but she ran off and hid somewhere. it took me half an hour to find her from her hiding hole and when I sternly asked for the reason behind her sadness she burst into crying. She told me everything and I was devasted to see my reflection in her tear-filled eyes. I picked her up and called Padmini to inform her that I am keeping her with me for the night. She refused at first in fear of the two oldies but when eventually I told her Anindita doesn't want to go and is crying she agreed.

The whole night she slept sticking with me like kola. In morning I decided to take her outside as I couldn't bear her sad face. I dressed the little girl in a cute baby blue frock. Tied her pretty curls into two small buns and put a slightly tinted lip balm. I myself wore a white frilly ankle length frock with little sunflowers on it. I put my own hair in a simple bun and wore a small earring and a bracelet. I tied my own sneakers and help the little girl with hers.

"Shall we go?" I asked her.

"Yeh" the little soul jumped in excitement. I hold her hands and she jumped the whole way to my car. We were going to settle in when a voice called Anindita. We both looked at the voice to see Achintya Bhai.

"Where are you going?  I came to bring you back. You didn't come home last night and your grandma was very angry." He gritted. Even though he was saying these to Anindita most of the time he glared at me while saying. Anindita hide behind me.

"I am sorry, she was crying last night to be here so I couldn't send her back. Today I am taking her outside and will drop her at the palace positively at evening." I said on behalf of Anindita.

"Both the Dadis are very angry being Anindita. You can't take her." he declared making me frown. He is the last person I want to hear this. Did he forgot how naughty he was! now stopping us! I looked down to see tears started welling up in Anindita's eyes.

"Please for today only. She is very upset and I promised her yesterday." I tried to convince him. He ignored my words and tried to hold Anindita's hand from my back making her burst out crying and started struggling from his hold.

"No, I don't want to go with you. You don't love me anymore. You just stay with the little baby. I want to stay with Zia." Anindita shouted.

Bhai petrified. Anindita on being free tightly hold my legs and I picked her up in my arms.

"Anindita stop crying and why did you shout at your father." I asked her sternly and she pressed her face against the hook of neck. I looked at Bhai he was standing there with confusion. 

"Anindita? Princess?" bhai called softly but she didn't respond and further hold me tightly and break into more sobs.

"Please, give her some space. I hope you understand her emotions. May I take her with me today. I swear I will take care of her and will drop her to the palace in the evening."

He just nodded. I put the crying Anindita on the passenger seat and put a seat belt on her. she was still crying and I wipe her face with a tissue. I took the driver seat and started the engine. Bhai was still there looking shocked as we left.