CHAPTER-38 It's time

MRUNAL POV

I quickly got up from my seat keeping close eyes to the person as Pankhu disapperead inside the washroom where the person was behind a pillar. However, the distance was huge and the preson was not recognisisble. One of the bodyguard was standing close near me and one was standing quite far from Pankhu. I almost jog around and glared at the guard who was behind Pankhu. He frowned but at the moment I need to make sure that Pankhu is safe. I went behind the pillar and I was looked at the person. The guards closely followed me.

The person looked schoked and he was a very old man. He look at me perplexily. I myself get flustered as I gulped and I asked the man why is standing here like that. He replied that his eyesight is week and was trying to understand the signs on the washroom. I looked up and found that the signs were quite complex for the old man because they were in artistic line arts. I sighed in relief and one of the guard help the man to the male washroom.

"RaniSa, was something wrong?" the guards asked.

"Did you saw someone else here? Like stalking Pankhu?" I asked the guard following Pankhuri.

"No! there was only this old man. He was behaving strangely but he literallu seem to old to comprehend anything." He explained. 

Agh! I am thinking too much as well after listening to Pankhu. Pankhu got by now and frowned seeing me there. I excused saying I wanted to wash hands. Pankhuri and I went back to our seats as we ate the food. The bodyguards also have there meal. After finishing we decided to leave as it was already late night. As we waited for our car I met a client. He asked me to make a painting for his wife after DadiMa's birthday. I was talking to him as he seem to like my work. He was prying a lot as he wanted me to meet his wife. I indicate Pankhu to go first. She nodded and went with a bodyguard while one stayed with me. His wife was vary beautiful but very clingy. I felt a bit uncomfortable as she continued to ask me questions about our sudden marriage unnecessarily and so called family issues. I didn't understand their excessive interest which seem strange. I excused myself lastly as we almost ran away from them. I bump into someone lightly and I again met someone I know.

"Hello" he said with a smile.

"Hii, extremely sorry, officer. I was in hurry."

"It's okay."

We ended our short encounter as I rushed to my car. As we reached home MaaSa and DadiMa was waiting for us in the hall. They smiled at us and Pankhu ran to MaaSa and hugged her saying she is dead tired. I sat across them smiling.

"Hmm, where have been you both? We came and found you guys went out on girls day without us!!" DadiMa said pretending to be angry.

"We went to shop for Pakhu's farewell." I answered.

"Okay, Mrunal! there is an important thing I need to talk with you." MaaSA began as i nooded.

"in our home on your DadaSA's birthday we conduct a grand puja as it use to be done for years since his birth and on the very day we pray for all our family members who are not with us anymore." MaaSa ecplained as I nooded in understanding. "It's two weeks away. Lian does the puja but this time you will be accompanying as well and we want you to prepare for the puja. Is it fine?"

"Yes, MaaSA but I am not aware of the things need to be prepared for the puja."

"Don't worry Bacha! I am here. I will let you know about all and you just check upon the things." DadiMa assured me.

"Yeah, we all will help you out as you need time for your career as well. Actually, it's a very special event in our family and we want to pass on to the next generation." MaaSa smiled as I nodded enthusiastically. "Mrunal, don't forget to give responsibilities to this lazy ass. HMM?" MaaSA said pinching Pankhuri and I gave a teasing look to Pakhu and she pouted.