CHAPTER- 26 Haldi

RAGHUVANSHI PALACE

Next day was haldi and the whole palace is painted yellow and highlighted with flowers. Asmita was sitting in a huge ancient looking tub where everyone was showering her with flowers.

Kabir's haldi was done a few hours ago and the whole procession came with the auspicious turmeric and gifts.

Parineeta was the first to put haldi as per the ritual. after that everyone started applying haldi to Asmita. Asmita forced herself to gave everybody a smile as they were congratulating and teasing her. Soon it turned into holi as now ladies started applying haldi to each other.

Mrunal stood at a distance wearing a simple yellow colour cotton saree with white blouse reaching her elbow. Today she left her thick wavy hairs open and wore simple oxidized ear climber.

She didn't join the crowd neither anyone applied haldi to her. She was just looking around as Padmini went with Anindita. Parineeta slowly walk to her and took some haldi and applied on her cheeks lovingly with a small smile and then left.

Mrunal stood their looking at her retiring figure. She touched her cheeks to feel the wet substance. Her first haldi.

-----

LIAN POV

I was sitting in the garden outside with other males. Achintya Bhai went to feed Anindita as she was felling hungry so I took out my phone to check some mails.

Someone attracted my attention by clearing their throat loudly. I looked up to saw the RajaSa standing in front of me looking at the side.

"If you have few minutes, I want to talk to you." He said hesitantly.

"Yeah sure." I said sliding to the side so he can sit. He sat down.

"You may have idea what I want to talk so getting right to the point. How do you know Mrunal." He asked.

"Obviously, she is my wife." I teased him. He gave me a glare. I could do this much to venge for my wife Afterall. I was never fond of him and after Mrunal I just can't tolerate him. I know I am being rude but seeing Mrunal it's justified.

"You know what I mean." He said gritting his teeth.

"I am not comfortable sharing our personal dating period with anyone." I said wriggling my eyebrows.

"Stop spouting nonsense! She came to India only about a month ago."

"Everyone is not lucky enough to have a long loving relationship like your daughter and she is today getting married to the same guy also. So lucky. But obviously I should thank you, because of you we get married within a month." I said sweetly. He was getting frustrated now.

"Enough, did you get married to get back on me. how could you steep so low. I was fine thinking that she gets married into your family but you are a brat. If you harm her, I won't leave you."

"Lol, are you bipolar or something. I can't believe you have the audacity to say these words. Doesn't matter in what situation we get married but it's my responsibility and duty now and I will be full filling it." I said and left from there.

As I was walking on the corridor near the pool I found Anindita hiding behind a relaxing chair. I went to her and crouched in front of her.

"Excuse me Miss, why are you hiding there like this?"

"Shh, FufaSa you will get me caught." She whispered with a giggle.

"Who? Your parents? Were you being naughty again?" I asked her mimicking her tone.