CHAPTER-16 Demise

RAGHUVANSHI PALACE

RajaSa and RaniSa of the Raghuvanshi's were discussing something over the morning tea in the hall. RaniSa was laughing slightly as she was narrating the incident as RajaSa was listening silently and occasionally nodding. The serene atmosphere was tattered as the queen mother came fuming in the hall tagged along with her sister.

"Parineeta, I want to talk to you." she declared making her daughter-in-law shut her mouth and stood up quickly.

"Yes?" she said meekly as her husband also looked at his mother with a frown.

Geetanjali Devi looked at her son and then spoke "Can't you keep your girl in check! What does she want ha, keeping our granddaughter with her. Does she want to get back on us like this! She refused to return Aninidta when her governess Chaya went at night."

Parineeta looked at the back where Chaya was standing like a statue.

"MaaSa, but Achnitya called Padmini informing her that Aninidta will be staying for the night at Mrunal. I was there only with Padmini when he called. They both were okay. Actually, Anindita was not liking here because Achintya is not her and Padmini is almost kept in seclusion by MasiSa. So, that's why I guess." Parineeta tried to explain.

"Whatever, that girl is brainwashing my grandchildren and Anindita." Gaytri Devi butted in. "I don't want my great granddaughter to stay with that girl. Go, and bring Aninidta. She thinks we don't know; she is trying to keep Anindita with her so that she doesn't study and become manner less like her."

"MasiSa and MaaSa, you guys are overthinking." Shlok interrupted but when these two starts on dicing Mrunal they never stop.

They keep blaming Mrunal for this and that.

"Shlok, that girl is manner less. She spoke rudely with Chaya. You know right that Chaya took care of her and have raised her properly when she was young. She should respect her like an elder but that girl insulted her when she went. Poor Chaya she was almost in tears when she told me last night. She is so good and that girl. God! She is putting our name in shame."

The royal couple looked at Chaya who was looking at the floor.

"Let me go and check, I will bring Anindita—" Parineeta said dejectedly.

"No need"

Everyone looked around to find Mrunal standing with Anindita in her arms who was hugging her Zia's neck tightly.

"What are you doing in my home, Ha! And leave our child. Anindita come here." Geetanjali Devi roared.

Chaya slowly went towards them but Mrunal strictly said, "Stay where you are because you better don't make more problems for yourself." Chaya frowned as she panicked.

"What stupid things you are doing in the morning that to here." Gaytri Devi spoke.

Mrunal ignored her and she became furious as she moved towards Mrunal and tried to grab Anindita from her arms making Anindita break into tears. Mrunal stepped back and jerk her hand away.

"Please, stop it. Its all for Anindita's sake and just wait for few minutes Bhai is almost here."

"Achintya?" Gayatri Devi frowned.

"Yes, he will be here soon and police as well." Mrunal said looking at Chaya speaking the last words. Chaya broke into sweats. Padmini and Asmita came down as they heard the commotion.

"Anindita?? What happened?" Padmini asked confusingly. Anindita looked at her mother and then at Mrunal.

"You want to go to her?" Mrunal asked and Anindita nodded looking guilty.