CHAPTER-12 Glimpses of Past

LIAN POV

Lian hold Mrunal's hands and asked, "Mrunal, tell me what happened?" I coaxed her. She looked around towards the crowd and then shook her head. The matter seems serious I stood up and pull her slightly by holding her hands and pull her towards the inner corridors.

"Wh-Where?" Mrunal said shuttering visibly more panicked. Instead of answering her I took her with me in a small terrace garden at the backside. It has a small wooden swing and I made her sit on that.

"Mrunal calm down." I said stretching a glass of water towards her. She held in her both trembling hands and move it to her lips and slowly took a small sip. I supported the glass from bottom.

"Have some more" I urged she shook her head negatively.

"Mrunal, what happened?!" I asked sternly now as I was now restless. My heart was not at peace at all seeing her in that state. I was having a strong urge to fix whatever is hurting Mrunal but here she was sitting in front of me without saying anything. I tried to pester her more but cautiously so not to hurt her more.

"Mrunal, fine if you don't tell me what happened I swear I will make each of my staff to dig whatever made you cry like that and I swear it won't be good." I said finally losing all my patience. I moved my hands towards the pocket to take out my phone but Mrunal hold my hand stopping me.

"Please, don't" she mumbled. "woah, she is back." she whispered and began breathing heavily. I sat beside her and hugged her. She closed her eyes tightly as if recalling something.

"She won't stay here. Get her out! I don't accept her in the family." Geetanjali devi thundered making her Bahuranisa tremble. Geetanjali Devi continued,

"Look what she did and Parineeta instead of tending to our princess you were coaxing that girl. Send this girl away from here and she will be staying there only." The order issued. Parineeta's heart trembled.

"MaaSa she is so small. How will she will live away from me? They are just children it was just a mistake. Princess is also fine just a small cut. I assure you this thing won't happen again." Parineeta begged.

"Just a cut! That girl pushed my princess. I have said she will not live in the palace anymore.

This time RajaSa entered the scene. He looked around and found his mother fuming with anger with his daughter weeping sitting on her lap. His wife was crying close to his mother with tears and at the corner of the room was a small girl weeping silently. Her palms were bleeding from the cuts and the little yellow frock of hers was drenching with blood as she was holding them tightly from fear.

He walked to his mother and asked her about the situation. She narrated the princess was having ice cream and the other girl snatched from it. In the process the bowl broke down and the girl pushed her granddaughter on the floor. Her head banged on the floor leading to the cut.

No mention was made how the princess of Raghuvanshi pushed the poor girl on the broken glass leading them to dig in her hands and making huge gashes.

The head maid looked at her employer and her broken truths but kept her mouth shut. She knew very well that it was the princess who is a brat due to her grandmother's support. She herself gave the girl ice cream in a small bowl as she hardly gets them to eat. She was peacefully having them and she was smiling to her and thanking her. just then Asmita came in the kitchen and snatched the ice cream bowl saying that it was brought specially for her. the little girl tried to snatch the bowls and in the process it fell down.