CHAPTER-25 Mehandi Ceremony

A WEEK LATER

The busy Raghuvanshi palace was bustling. It's filled with crowds for the special occasion. All the members and relatives of Raghuvanshis, Chauhans and Malhotras were sitting together for the grand event. A happy groom was enjoying the occasion without noticing the gloom face of his bride who was giving sharp glares to him. Soon a maid entered and inform the arrival of a special guest. Parineeta and Shlok Raghuvanshi stood up immediately. Geetanjali devi rolled her eyes.

Soon, Lian Raghuvir Singh Rathore entered with his beautiful wife who made all relative's eyes out of their socket. The least expected girl was standing gracefully in a brown colour heavy Anarkali. Her long hairs tied in a sleek bun which is getting enhanced by the vermillion filled in the partition. She stood there with a straight face but her eyes were burning with arrogance and pride. A bunch of people behind them with gifts and presents.

They joined their hands for greetings as Shlok and Parineeta went close to them for welcoming. Parineeta took their arti. While putting the tilak on them and slightly caressed her face.

They entered the hall and greet everyone. Everyone knew Lian very well and were dead surprised to see this union. They started whispering for juicy gossips.

"Thanks for coming. Mehandi ceremony is in night. You both must be tired take rest. The room has been prepared." Shlok began cautiously.

"Thanks a lot for your hospitality but we are not going to stay here as per my wife's comfort. we will be here by evening. We just came here to greet you and please accept the gifts, DadiMa and MaaSa have send them with lots of love and blessings for the BRIDE AND GROOM." Lian stressed the last words glaring at them.

"What are you saying! It's not possible you guys should be staying here---" Shlok began but cut off by Geetanjali Devi.

"Let them, Shlok." Geetanjali Devi said sternly.

----

EVENING

Lian and Mrunal stayed at the house of Rathore's in the area. They took some rest before getting ready for the function. Mrunal wore a dark green  colour pink kurti with light pink floral embroidery with lose pants. She tied her hair in a pony tail with simple gold jewellery. Lian also got ready in a dark pink colour kurti with a Nehru coat over it. he was hurriedly tying his hair when Mrunal entered in the room from the closet. Their eyes met from the mirror and they smiled.

"Shall I help?" Mrunal asked as they were running late and he was messing up in hurry. He nodded and sat on the floor in front of the bed. Mrunal sat on the bed behind him and started making his hair. While Lian was wearing his watch and cuff buttons and stuffs.

"Lian" Mrunal called and he hummed.

"There will be lots people and they will ask for our marriage,what we will do." Mrunal expressed her worry.

" Don't worry, I prepared everything the day we got married, Mrunal."

"Hope so, I was always kept away from outside world Lian. We could have just kept this away. Hardly anybody know me except close people. I mean we can reveal that you are married but we may not disclose my identity to the larger world. " Mrunal suggested. Lian tilted his head backwards and lean on Mrunal's lap to face her completely.

"It was the girl of Raghuvanshi who was hidden but the queen of Rathores will be put on the pedestial."

After saying these words Lian got up and left as he was done getting ready. Mrunal kept looking at his retoring figure.

ASMITA POV

Akansha is getting me dolled up for my mehandi. I am getting so irritated with her enthusiasm. I got played in my own game. That bitch turned everything she –she get married with Lian! The Lian Rathore I was admiring from childhood and as I grew up he became my crush. We were family friends. Despite our grandmother's cold tension I thought one day we will get married and now I am getting married to a no one. I planned to leave that good for nothing Kabir once that bitch get married to some good for nothing man but now she climbed the pedestial and became the RaniSa of Rathore. Aghhh, when she came in morning and was standing haughtily beside Lian I wanted to strangle her.

"Asmita, you ready?" MaaSa called entering my room. she was giving me a bright smile. she must be very happy for that bitch. Gosh! I want to go downstairs and make those greedy Malhotras out of the palace and cancel this so-called drama of marriage but DadiSa has taken it on her pride to get me married to the Kabir, my beloved. My foot!

"Ji MaaSa." I gave her a fake smile. She took me downstairs. the first thing I noticed when I reached downstairs was that bitch with Lian playing with Anindita. They were laughing together and my temperature rose with anger. I was seated on the sofa at the middle of the hall and then married relatives started putting small mehndi dotes for the auspicious ritual. Someone from the aunty clot asked Mrunal to come and do the ritual also. She came forward and put the mehndi dot with a sweet smile which was rubbing salt and all the Indian spices on my wound. As she was leaving Akansha snickered at her and said, "enjoy yourself, as you have not get the chance to have any of the ceremony. Tch-tch"

This idiot Akansha, does she think she will be affected by this. She got married to lian! Mrunal royally ignored her and hold Achintya Bhai who was going to scold Akansha.

"You too Akansha, as you have followed your di in every steps so you should take notes from your di's marriage. Maybe you will find some dramatic situations." Mrunal said while having strong eye contact with me. this bitch is enjoying her victory. She walked back to Lian who was also smirking gorgeously.

The function continued. My hands were filled with mehandi design now. all the ladies were getting their Mehndi done and dancing also. I saw through my side view as Padmini was teasing Mrunal as she got Lian's name on her palm.

Kabir was made sit beside me for the pictures. My cheeks started hurting after giving fake smiles for so long. Kabir was sticking to me. I wanted to smack his face with this mehandi drawn hands only. Git!

As the photos were done I relaxed on the sofa. I looked up to heard a sudden cheer. Across me Mrunal and Lian were sitting in front of each other. Anindita was squealing on Lian's lap as they both were scanning Mrunal's palm. Achintya bhai and padmini along with few other distant cousins were cheering them.

"FufaSa, I can't found it. It's so difficult! " Anindita declared in her babyish voice making everyone chortle.

" We will find it Little Sherlock." Lian said looking carefully in Mrunal's hand while she was smiling at him.

"Zia, why did u hide the name making it difficult for us to find. You should have written clearly at the front so everyone could see. " Anindita said childishly making the audience hooting. They started teasing Mrunal.

"Found it" Lian shouted amidst the bickering.

My blood boiled. I saw BabaSa at their back also looking at them with a smile. I stormed out of there.

After dinner I retired to my room telling everyone I am too tired to sit more. Everyone sympathetically let me go. As I walked upstairs, I heard laughter from the open balcony on the first floor. I went towards it and saw Mrunal was dubling up from laughing along with Padmini and Anindita. Lian was also laughing with a plate of food in his hand and a scowling Achintya Bhai. They were talking and eating. Lian was carefully feeding Mrunal bite by bite and occasionally eating himself from the same plate. I couldn't watch I for long and went to my room.

I have to quickly think something to get out of this situation because I will never let her WIN.

----------------------------
Good Morning readers,

Okay, I woke up very early today and did the editing so here is the update.

Vote and comment!!
Enjoy reading!!