CHAPTER-23 Dream

RATHORE PALACE

It was late afternoon and Rathore Palace was now crowded with people. Prathana Rathore was sitting happily chatting about her new BahuraniSa. Her friends and relatives were congratulating her and waiting eagerly to meet the new queen of the Rathores. They were surprised about the sudden marriage that to secretly but nobody dare to went verbal about that. 

As the celebration was going on with joy RanaSa came down in a black embroidered kurti embodied with precious stones. A minakari grey odhini wrapped around his shoulder. Pearl strings dangling on his chest. He was followed by Veer in a pale pink sherwani. He walked down the stairs and greeted everyone with joined hands. He smiled at everyone and accept the congratulations humbly.

People were meeting and joking with him. He was soon surrounded with people as he happily chatted with them. Everyone's attention was on him however, soon he was abandoned as the focus turned towards the veiled girl slowly descending the stairs guided by her mother-in law and sister-in-law. She was looking ethereal in a raspberry colour lehenga with zari sequences, her long veil was decorated with a thick golden border and translucent fabric was hiding her face yet her golden jewellery and outlines were visible. 

Amrita made her sit on a huge chair on the small platform which was lavishly decorated at the centre of the hall. Amrita smiled at everyone greeting them. A wave of excitement spread in the hall as they eagerly wait for to see and meet the veiled girl, so without further ado with everyone's cheer the function began. 

Frist of all, Amrita picked up the veil a little as per the ritual and saw her face alone then placed a small peck on Mrunal's forehead and then gifted her huge box. Next, was Prathana Devi who saw her face and then took a hefty cash bundle and circled around the new bride to remove ay evil eye and then gave out the money to a servant. She blessed Mrunal lovingly and gifted her a small ancient looking box. Then one by one all the married ladies did the same. They all gushed at the beauty of the new bride and showered her with blessings and gift. 

Lastly, it was the turn of our groom.

Lian was sitting with his DadiMa looking at the ritual. he stood up and walked to the stage and  sat beside his wife. He looked at his veil wife and then slowly opened the veil and look at the beautiful goddess in front of him. He then moved the veil further removing it completely to the world to see his strong willing and gorgeous wife. Mrunal looked down shyly as everyone was praising her. She was completely adorned with jewellery from her head to toe. Mrunal was wearing traditional jweleries like Rahkdi on her head paired with sheshfool, heavy jhumkas and necklaces. her both the wrists were twinkling with heavy traditional think bangles. Her hair partition was filled with vermillion and at the centre of her forehead was a small red bindi. 

"Common, RanaSA, now it's time to give your wife a present. " One of Prathana Devi's friend teased them and the hall filled with laughter. 

Lian indicated Veer and he returned with a box. He handed it to Lian and he turned completely towards Mrunal and kept the box on his legs. He slowly opened the box and it has two beautiful heavy gold bangles that are beautifully carved and studded with pink and green stones with little gold tassels hanging from them. Lian looked up at Mrunal who smiled a little. Lian raised hi eyebrow in questioning and she shook her head slightly indicating she liked those bangles. Lian smiled back and stretched his hand forward asking for her hand making everyone hooting. Mrunal blushed a little and put her hand in his hand and he slowly put the bangles in her wrist. 

Everyone clapped and the ritual was done.

------------------------

it was late night and Mrunal finally went to her room as all the guests left. She plopped on the sofa with her heavy lehenga and emptied a glass of water.