CHAPTER- 4 Ancestral Temple

Today Mrunal woke up early and got ready because Parineeta had asked her to visit their Kuldevi(ancestral goddess) temple to take blessings after her long return. Mrunal agreed and got dressed in a Kurti and pants paired with a dupatta. She wore heavy earrings and put few white flowers around her bun. She enjoyed dressing up like that because even though she had worn short Kurtis sometimes in Italy but never got the opportunity to dolled up in classic Indian style with flowers and Bindi. She went downstairs to see her mother and BadiMa talking.

MRUNAL POV

I am feeling very happy today as I love visiting places. As I ascended the stairs Maa and BadiMa gave her a huge smile. BadiMa praised her for looking good and Maa puts a kajal (Khol) dot behind her ears to protect her from evil eyes. She then brought out a thin gold bangle with beautiful carvings on it.

"This is for you Piyu" Maa said smiling at me.

"What's this for?" I questioned.

"This is my mother's and now I want to give this to you. I know I can't keep you here for long so please keep this with you as my blessings and memory." She said with lots of love and I nodded. she smiled and put the bangle in my hand.

"okay, then get going .I have asked the driver to take you there along with a bodyguard and a maid," Maa informed making me frown.

"What? Why? Maa, you know me I don't need this. Send the driver because I don't know the way around here that's it."

"It's not my decision beta. It's RajaSa's arrangement." I was taken aback. I stared at Maa. She put her hands on my shoulder and gave a smile.

"I didn't knew he made those arrangements. I told him last night that I want you to visit our kuldevi temple. He just hummed but in morning I found that he made these arrangements before going out for some work." Maa explained to me with a smile. Seeing no way to avoid, I nodded my head and went outside.

The journey to the temple was beautiful. I tried to supress the inner turmoil and focus on the present moments. Soon we reached the temple. I asked the guard and maid to be at good distance as seeing them I was getting very irritated. WHY NOW?

I went inside the temple and did the puja. The temple was very old and beautiful. I sat in the huge prayer hall of the temple. I was liking the peace of the temple and occasional orchestra of various birds and mantras that were being reciting. My peace was shaken lightly by an old grandma, who sat at my side. She was mumbling angrily at something but she gave me her cute smile when our eyes met. I smiled back. She spread out baskets full of flowers and a long needle with a thread. She was trying to put the thread in the needle but failed due her ageing eyesight. Seeing her struggling I reached out my hand and asked "May I?" She handed me the needle and thread.

"Thank you, bacha. My eyes are getting very week I can't do these stuffs anymore." The old lady said. I threaded the needle and asked her, "Shall I make the garland for you too?"

"No no beta you must be busy."

"No, I am fine. I am just sitting here. You will strain your eyes more doing this and the needle is also sharp you may get yourself hurt also. I will make it for you." She smiled and thanked me. I started making it for her.

She started talking. "You are such a good girl. Helping others and there is one my idiot grandson because of him I got late today. Then God knows where he went to as soon as we entered the temple." She grumbled. I smiled at her talks.

"What's your name child?" she asked me.

"Mrunal" I answered with a smile.

"Oh, such a beautiful name just like you." She said and I blushed a bit and utter a thank you.