CHAPTER-5 Puja Of the Raghuvanshi's

FIVE DAYS LATER

The whole Raghuvanshi Palace was bustling. It's a grand puja for the Raghuvanshis. The palace was decorated with garlands. Servants were rushing around to do all The preparations. Geetanjali Devi was sitting on a chair cladded in a heavy light yellow colour saree with real gold work. She was using her hawk eyes to ensure perfect preparations for the day. Rani Sa was herself getting the idols of Sita-Ram adorned with jewelleries. She was wearing a cream colour saree with thick red borders and embroidery work. She was wearing heavy jewelleries for the occasion. RajaSa was checking the last-moment guest lists and the arrangements in the hall. Asmita Raghuvanshi came downstairs happily wearing an orange colour lehenga with meenakari work paired with a heavily embroidered translucent orange drape. She went to the temple and sat beside her grandma. Geetanjali Devi gushed at her granddaughter complimenting continuously about her beauty.

RAGHUVANSHI VILLA

"Ishita, please help me" I pleaded her for the nth time.

"Mrunal, I have plenty of work. Why are you wearing that when you can't do it yourself?!" Ishita shouted from god knows where.

"I know how to wear it okay! I just want you to give it a final touch. I just can't do it neatly and I need someone to help me fix them at right place. I am missing Iris. If she would have been here, she would have done it for me happily. Even though she doesn't have any idea about this but she helps me by watching videos and listening to my instruction. She is such a good friend."

The door of the dressing room burst open and an angry Ishita wearing a green colour ankle length suit glaring at me furiously. I bite my lips to control my laugh.

"Why don't you call your best friend then maybe she will come all the way from there to help you wearing a damn saree." She spitted.

"I don't have to call her all the way from Italy anymore as you have come to help me." I teased her. She threw daggers at me through her eyes. "Pretty please help me na" I pleaded her.

She finally helped me get ready. I brought a pista green colour saree with dark pink colour sleeveless blouse. The saree was very light so I can wear it easily, it has small birds and deer woven with golden colour thread all over it. After helping me with the saree Ishita braided my hairs leaving few of, the hair strands in the front lose so they can freely swing on the sides of my face. Maa sent me many heavy jewelleries but I decided against it. I don't like wearing many pieces of jewelleries so today I decided to adorn my braid. I wore a long braid jewellery along with big round ear studs and put some of my thin rings. After I was done, I thanked Ishita and make her sit on the chair in front of the mirror.

"Now it's my turn. " I said to Ishita. She was working since morning. Her wet hairs were put up with a clutcher and she was not ready a bit. She complained about being her busy as she was getting irritate from my antics but who cares. I blow dried her hair and made a nice bun. Then I do a light makeup on her. I made her wear earrings matching her dress and a small neckpiece. After that I let her go with a peck on her check.

I sat on my balcony swing sending picture of me in saree to my friends. I decided to call Kabir to know about their whereabouts. Unfortunately, he didn't pick up the call. Maybe busy I thought. I sat there silently looking towards the palace. I can't believe I have to encounter this situation so soon. That day after talking to Maa I called Kabir. He was happy to hear the positive response but I was restless. Maa, few days later send them the invitation card. Maa didn't inform anybody regarding this after all who cares but according to Maa everything will be fine. I know she just wants her dear husband like Kabir. Suddenly, my phone rang it was Maa.

"Hello Maa"

"Are you ready Piyu?" maa asked.

"Yeh" I said feeling nervous.