CHAPTER-28 Wedding

Auspicious environment was surrounding the whole palace as the folk songs were sung to welcome the groom. The groom was duly worshiped before he got the grand welcome along with his family. The groom was treated with care. Soon, everyone gathered to meet him who was accompanied by two of his friends who were literally sticking to him. Even though his own family moved away from him to meet others they kept standing at his two sides. The groom looked at everyone dumbly as he was forced to sit here. Soon, one of his friends picked up a thorny rose from the decoration casually and passed to the other one secretly. Who hide it and slowly poked the groom with it. He looked at them wincing as they indicated him to smile. The poor groom, had to smile through the pain.
---------

Mrunal was sitting at a distance with her cousins and Padmini. As she stayed here for the occasion she got close with her cousins. Most of them were younger than her and they were too small to remember Mrunal but as they met her now they loved her and soon set their vibe with their long lost Di, who bring along a brand new handsome Jiju. Mrunal was a bit hesitant initially but as they talked she loved them as well and started enjoying herself. Few of the older and same age cousins also joined as though they remember her and avoided her then but now they have grown up with some sense and have understood the silly mindset of the adults. they all were joking and drinking together. As the groom entered Mrunal and Lian looked at each other and then focused on a little cousin who was teasing Lian for taking Mrunal without paying them. 

Soon, all the cousins hit the dance floor and one of her cousins dragged Mrunal and Lian with them and they all danced together on the song Gallan Goodiyaan. they danced for long and then slumped back at their place as the wedding started. the groom was taken to the Mandap and then bride was called. the lights were dimmed and soft songs were played as Asmita entered the hall with Parineeta, Akansha and followed by Geetanjali and Gaytri Devi. As ASmita walked pass Mrunal she looked at her with anger which was returned with a smirk. Asmita was seated beside Kabir. the priest began the mantras to tie them both in the auspicious bond. 

Mrunal sat down watching the wedding at the short distance. Anindita who was roaming beside her having ice cream suddenly jumped to her "Zia" She called as she stretched her ice cream to her.

"For me? " Mrunal questioned?

"No zia!! Hold my cup. I want a picture with FufuSa. She said as she pointed lian who was getting clicked with his Sister-in-law gang.

This girl is being to much now! She doesn't give a damn to me now in front of Lian.

Mrunal thought as she hold the cup Grumpily and Anindita ran to Lian while picking up her little red colour lehenga. Lian laughed at her cute gesture and picked her up in his arms as she pull his neck and clicked plenty of pics.

"Anindita, your ice cream is melting. Get down And have it. " Mrunal said after few minutes.

"Zia, are you getting jealous?  Let me stay na! ANindita complained to Mrunal making everyone laugh.

"Mrunal, come join us and click some pictures na!" Lian said to his slightly pissed wife.

Mrunal got up and stood up as Lian put Anindita down and snaked his hand around Mrunal and lightly hold her waist as they posed for the pictures. Soon, everyone joined for the same and after lots of pictures at the end they got they clicked couple picture.

On the other hand Garland ceremony was done and they sat down for the further rituals. Mrunal and Lian sat down checking the pictures as Anindita now sat peacefully between them. As Lian forwarded a snack towards Mrunal.

MRUNAL POV

"What are you looking like that so intently? My men are sticking with Kabir they willl handle everything." Lian whispered in my ears aa came close to me to avoid Anindita hearing us.