CHAPTER-17 Gift Shopping

Raghuvanshi Palace was standing dead silent except a muffled screaming of a woman which was slowly being lost in the lone corridors of the huge palace. After long hours the screaming ended making it all go silent.

"It's a girl" a middle-aged age woman came out of the room and brought a small baby wrapped in a fluffy white blanket. She hesitantly forwarded the newborn. RajaSa of the Raghuvanshi slowly got up from the small sofa he had been sitting on for the past hours and went close to the women. He looked at the baby and held the newborn. He looked at the baby girl with an unreadable expression. Within, five seconds he returned the child and asked, "Are they both fine?"

"Yes, both the mother and child are fine." The woman declared and RajaSa nodded and left from there. The women returned inside.

-----------------

RajaSa came tiredly in his room but found it was not empty. He could hear the wailing of the baby. At the centre of bed, she was lying surrounded with pillows and cushions. He looked around and slowly walked to her. He put his hand on the little head and stroke it to stop the baby's crying but it didn't work so he picked up the baby and started to swing in rhythm. Gradually, the girl stopped crying and started looking around with big tear-filled eyes. She looked curiously at the unknown figure and suddenly the cute little face split into a smile showing her small two front teeth.

"RajaSa"

"RajaSa"

Shlok Raghuvanshi breaks out of his thoughts and raised his head from the table. He slipped into his turmoil as he returned to his home office.

"Yes?" he finally asked his wife who was standing in front of me.

"I brought these snacks for you as I heard you didn't have breakfast as well." She said slowly. She was not looking well as her eyes were swollen and face red but she was raised to take care of others.

Shlok rubbed his eyes and left a huge sigh and gestured with his head to keep it on the table. Parineeta quickly kept it and started serving.

"Take for yourself as well. Sit and eat with me." he said knowing very well that she must have skipped her breakfast altogether. Parineeta sat quietly as they started eating silently. There sunken eyes which were often checking on each other and accompanied with silence was only indicator of their guilt.

After the meal as Parineeta got up Shlok mumbled.

"I have talked to the officers she will be punished severely that she will regret her wrong doings every moment."

Parineeta nodded, "She deserve it. How can she hurt that little girl? "

Shlok look at her as she made no mention about their own negligence. Usually, Parineeta goes verbal or cry it out but today she didn't gave any strong response. He remembered hearing Padmini and Achintya crying in the balcony and how much they were regretting everything. They were so disappointed in themselves.

"You met her?? " Shlok asked finally as he fix her with his eyesight, observing every little expression. Parineeta's breath caught for a second and shook her head negatively.

"Couldn't muster up the courage to stand and speak in front her. What will I say?" She spoke as she looked up straight her husband. Today, they were empty no tears and no hope.

-----------

"Common Dario!! Pick up pace man" Mrunal called Dario as a sweaty Dario walked slowly holding bags in his two hands. He was slowly walking as he was drained out of his energy and the weather is not helping him at all.