CHAPTER -14 Birthday Party

MRUNAL POV

It's early morning and the sun is right at the horizon dimly glowing and colouring the sky yellow. Today, the morning breeze was not helping me. We were silently sitting without a single word.

"The sun is getting brighter Milli, we should get up now," Dario spoke finally. I just hummed.

"Milli, it's hard but this is the time. You have to be strong for that little girl. We don't have time every moment is increasing her suffering. "

I just squinted my eyes to absorb his words. "What should I do? The girl who used to stick to me is not even ready to look at me, Dario!" I spoke as the tears welled up in my eyes.

"shh," Dario came close to me and wiped my tears away. "Sorry, Milli but I know you are strong enough so I will be blunt. It's not the time to think about you, it's about hers. Just think how much harm is already done she is scared to reveal anything." Dario explained and my heart sank. I am just like them after all.

"What to do now? Is it too late? I saw marks on Anindita she must have been too traumatized!!"

"Mrunal! Calm down. I want you to stand with aplomb against this. I won't be able to handle both of you together. First, I need to talk to her. Any idea when we can talk to her without anyone around?" Dario asked.

I shook my head negatively. BhaiSa left at the wrong time. I was so busy at that time that I couldn't meet him and we are at a dead end now.

"It's the princess's birthday celebration in a couple of days, we can try then," I said slowly.

"Good!! Now get up Milli. I am not leaving you alone Cara but it's your call. Earlier, we always tried to erase your fear but now the unexpected thing has happened. The fear is in front of you and we can't let it engulf you again. This time you have to accept it and face it. You can't hide it instead make it your weapon." He said and placed a peck on my forehead.

"Sono Sempre con te," he said and left.

I looked at his retiring figure. I know he is always there for me. He came all the way to India with just a single line spoken on the phone. He didn't ask a single question and just took the immediate flight available to give me a shoulder. I looked at the sun now brightly shining and filling the surrounding with positivity.

---------------------------

"Mrunal" Ishita came bragging in my room as I was getting ready for the party.

"What happened?" I asked her slowly.

"That's exactly my question. You are not saying anything and just moving around gloomily." she pouted angrily at me.

"Nothing yarr. Did you brought the thing I asked for?"

"Yeah," She answered rolling her eyes. "God knows why are you going there. She gave you the invitation just to mock you and here you are all ready and even brought a limited-edition luxury bag for her." Ishita is all pissed but if only she knew.

I gave her a small smile and returned to tie my hair in a tight pony tail. I wore a body fitted dust pink one piece reaching just below my knees. I was wearing my huge pearl earrings when I noticed Ishita sat down grumpily. I sighed.

"Ishi, stop stressing. I will be fine. I have my reasons for going there, promise. Please, don't sulk like that."

She scrunched her face in irritation. "Yeah, sure! you have your reasons which obviously I am not allowed to know. God knows who have you brought and kept in the home. He hardly speaks anything but keeps staring and notices everything. It's so creepy." Ishita complained.