44 : Always you

Logan

"You scared for the game" Archie says as we walk up the driveway to the house, we finished practice and carpooled back in JJ's car.

"Yeah we'll win-" I say before getting cut off by a shattering sound, my mind goes to survival mode as I run inside the house.

"GRACIE" I shout throughout the house, I run towards the stairs Archie not too far behind me.

I stop in my tracks as I see her standing in glass on the stairs with water everywhere, she is still in her pyjamas I look down at her feet which have a cut on them because of the glass.

"Baby-"

"I'm fine, I'll clean it up" she cuts me off

"Baby please don't move, you have no shoes on and your bleeding" I say slowly walking up to her, I have shoes on so I won't step in glass as I walk up to her putting my arms around her waist and picking her up.

"What happened baby?" I ask rubbing her back as I lay her down in my bed.

"I woke up sick this morning, I just went downstairs to get water but I guess my body was to weak" she says snuggling closer to me, she hisses in pain as I clean her cut on her foot.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask looking at her, she looks up at me and she looks so innocent that I want to protect her from everything.

"You had practice" she says looking away from me, I pull her into me resting my forehead onto hers.

"I will always choose you over hockey any day baby, hockey is my present but you're my future, forever." I say, she looks up at me.

"I would kiss you right now but I don't want you to get sick" she says smiling up at me, I laugh at her before laying her back down in her bed.

"I'm gonna be right next to you, tell me if you need anything." I say as she nods slowly closing her eyes.

"Gracie, I need an answer" I say laying next to her, she places her head softly on my head.

"Thank you, I love you"

"I love you too" I say as I kiss the top of her forehead.