CHAPTER 37

Y/n pov

Moonlight spilled through the curtains as Taehyung and I approached my room's window, our hearts pounding in sync with the urgency of our escape. The castle walls seemed to echo with the secrets we were leaving behind.

"Taehyung, are you sure about your decision?" Fear and excitement were clearly visible on both our faces. We're not teenagers running away blindly; we are aware of the consequences if we step out of this castle. We can't predict our future, but we have to do this to protect our love.

Taehyung last time pleaded with his dad that he didn't want this marriage to happen. He argued with him, but it didn't work. The king didn't listen; he didn't care about other opinions, only valuing himself, his opinions, and his royalty. Taehyung felt helpless and couldn't do anything. That's why he made such a decision.

"Do you trust me?" He said, deeply staring into my soul. Without hesitation, I nodded because without trust, there's no love. He softly smiled and kissed my forehead, calming my pounding heart a bit.

"Then come with me, we have no other choice." I gulped and nodded multiple times. He put one foot out the window and looked at me. I thumbed to give him courage, and he jumped out of the window. My windows aren't that high, making it easier for us.

I took a deep breath, threw my bag out of the window, and jumped. I stumbled a bit, but strong arms wrapped around me protectively. We looked around to ensure that no one saw us. I grabbed the bag, and Taehyung said, "Let's go." He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the backyard, where there weren't many soldiers, making our task easier.

We could see a few soldiers standing, but they didn't pay attention to their surroundings due to sleepiness. We hid behind the wall, moving slowly without making noise. They were so engrossed in their conversation that no one noticed us.

After some time, we entered a forest. It was pitch dark, making me gulp nervously. Only the moonlight allowed us to see the forest clearly. I tightly held Taehyung's arms, causing him to look at me.

"Are you okay, love?" he asked. I nodded, and he sighed in relief. However, we heard someone's footsteps, making our eyes widen.

"Princess, don't let go of my hand, okay?" he said, scanning our surroundings. Our footsteps quickened as we began to run, run until we didn't get caught. My chest heaved up and down from fear and the speed at which we ran, but we couldn't stop. What if we stopped and got caught? I pushed away negative thoughts and followed Taehyung.

Suddenly, Taehyung pulled me behind a tree and covered my mouth to prevent any noise. We breathed heavily as we heard the voices and footsteps of at least 10-15 soldiers.

"Where did they go? Find them quickly," one soldier groaned. My fear increased, my mind went blank, contemplating what our future held. Could we survive? These dark thoughts destroyed my calmness.

"Taehyung, I'm scared," I whispered slowly, and my eyes began to tear up. He immediately embraced me, making my eyes well up even more.

"Why are you scared, as long as we're together, hmm?" He whispered back. I nodded my head. He kissed my hair and softly caressed it. We broke the hug, and he wiped away my tears. I can't imagine how we ended up like this. Two of us holding each other like we might disappear at any moment.

Author pov

On the other hand king fuming his anger to what his younger son did. His jaw clenched, eyes clearly shows pure anger. He didn't think that his son does such a foolish thing to detroy their reputation.

"Find them! I won't tolerate this disgrace to my name" The king's booming voice echoed through the stone walls, captain minho, terrify looking at his majesty , he bowed at left from there immediately to complement hus majesty's order.

"I won't let my reputation crumble because of that wretched maid and my foolish son. Bring them back, or heads will roll!" He shouted . He only think about his so called reputation not his son future , desire.How did someone like him become a father.

"Dad, please calm down," Jin said, looking at his father on the verge of bursting with anger. Jin didn't agree with Taehyung's decision, but he felt powerless to say anything.

"HOW , HOW CAN I CALM DOWN , JIN , WHEN YOUR FOOLISH BROTHER RUNS AWAY BEFORE HIS WEDDING." the king screamed in anger. Jin sighed and shook his head. He couldn't think of anything to do now but pray for both of them.

_

The soldiers searched everywhere but couldn't find them. They sighed in disappointment. The king ordered them not to come back to the castle without locating the fugitives, as they all knew the consequences they would face.

On the other hand, Taehyung and Y/N were still hiding behind the tree. Taehyung hid Y/N in his embrace, not wanting to scare her.

"Here, they're here!" One of the soldiers spotted them and shouted. Both of them flinched and began to run. The soldiers chased behind them, running as fast as they could. The pursuit continued relentlessly.

Suddenly, Taehyung halted his step, making Y/n bump into his back. Y/n looked at Taehyung, whose eyes looked like death now. She looked back and saw soldiers very close to them. She shook Taehyung, but he looked around with a scared look. Taehyung shaking  badly, tears rolled down from his cheeks. Y/n couldn't understand what happened to him suddenly.

"Hey, you witch, and Princess Taehyung, stop there," one soldier shouted. Y/n again looked at him and tried to drag him, but he didn't move from there, making Y/n groan in frustration.

"Taehyung, where are you lost? Please run quickly!" She shouted at him for the first time, but he didn't seem to care. In this situation, they both wanted to survive and escape from there, but it seemed like it wasn't going to happen. He looked at Y/n with teary eyes, and Y/n gasped after seeing him like that.

Little did Y/n know, this forest was the place that was the reason for his childhood nightmares

Suddenly, Taehyung screamed and fell down.

"Y-Y/n, ahhhhhhhhhhh..."

_____________________________________

Guyssssss, plz vote for my chapters.

Luv u soooo much❤️😘