CHAPTER 45

Author pov

"You have to go to the Daegu Kingdom."Jimin ordered his trusted spy, ' The man raised his eyebrows, looking at Jimin.

"Why?" he asked, yawning. Jimin shook his head; he spoke something serious, yet the man yawned lazily.

"Taehyung ran away, and we have to find him. We believe he didn't leave the kingdom." The man nodded.

"Why did he suddenly run away?" he asked, curiosity evident on his face. He wondered why a prince like Taehyung would leave behind all the royal facilities.

"Hmm. He fell in love with his personal maid, and it went against their relationship. So, they decided to run away," Jimin answered, keeping it short and sweet. The other man scoffed.

"What a load of nonsense," he said, giving an unbothered look to Jimin. Jimin knew he wasn't interested in these lovey-dovey things.

"I can't understand you, you lazy cat," Yoongi glared at Jimin. Yoongi was the most trusted person Jimin had. Yoongi worked under Prince Jimin, and they were like friends.

"When should I go?" Jimin thought for a while and sighed.

"We have to find him asap, so you should start your work from tomorrow." Yoongi nodded at his instruction.

"Hmm. I'll go. If I find them, I'll tell you." Yoongi stood up and left from there.

_

"Why did you do that? Who gave you permission to hurt your Highness?" The king shouted at all the soldiers who shot Taehyung with an arrow. Upon hearing this, the king felt immense anger. Yes, he was the one who ordered them to find Taehyung, but not to harm him.

The king wanted to know if his son was okay, but they didn't know where they were. He tried to find him, but there was still no clue about their whereabouts, leaving him disappointed.

Jin also became tense after hearing what happened to Taehyung. He couldn't bear to see his younger brother in pain. He didn't know if Taehyung was okay or not, and he disappointingly looked at the soldiers who hung their heads in shame for failing to carry out their task properly.

"W-we're sorry, Your Majesty," one of them said with a trembling voice. They were unaware of the consequences they would face.

"Sorry, huh? What if he was in danger? What if he was fighting for his life?" The king said through gritted teeth.

Jin shook his head. If only the king had listened one more time to what Taehyung wanted to say, this would never have happened. Without uttering a word, Jin walked towards Taehyung's chamber, missing him dearly.

"Imprison them until you get information about Taehyung," he ordered his royal assistant, who bowed and signaled the soldiers to take them away.

"Please, Majesty, spare us. It's a mistake," they pleaded, but the king didn't care, glared at them one last time, and left the scene.

Taehyung pov

Today, Y/n wanted to show me the village. I actually don't know what the village looks like, how people live, or what happens here. I have no knowledge about anything. I remember coming to this village once, but it was years ago, and all I recall are painful nightmares.

My wounds have healed thanks to Y/n's proper care. It's been a week since we escaped from the palace, but there's been no information  about the situation there. However, I need to start considering our future. We can't stay hidden in this village indefinitely.