CHAPTER 57

Author pov

Author pov

A knock echoed on the door, causing Taehyung to glance up and find Jungkook standing there, his head lowered. Taehyung was surprised by his sudden appearance.

"Shall I come in?" Jungkook asked politely, further surprising Taehyung. Taehyung furrowed his brow at Jungkook's sudden change in behavior but shrugged and nodded nonetheless. With that, Jungkook entered and stood there, seeming hesitant.

"Do you have anything to say, Jungkook?" Taehyung asked, raising his brow. They both knew their relationship wasn't the best.

"Actually, I came here to talk to you," Jungkook confessed clearing his throat. Taehyung stood up from his bed, intrigued, as Y/n and the others were in the living room, providing a perfect opportunity for Jungkook to speak with Taehyung.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier," Jungkook apologized, surprising Taehyung even more. He wasn't sure what had suddenly prompted Jungkook to approach him so calmly.

"Mmm. It's okay." Taehyung said but wondering was jungkook here to only for apologize.

"No, it's not okay, Yesterday, Prince Jin discussed this matter with me. But hearing what you went through at such a young age, I couldn't help but feel sorry for you."

"Huh, now do you pity me?" Taehyung scoffed, his voice laced with bitterness as he strode towards the window, his hand sliding into his pant pocket.

"It's not like that," Jungkook responded sincerely, his expression earnest. "But I don't have to say it like that. After hearing your story, I felt overwhelmed with guilt."

The room was thick with awkward silence as Jungkook cleared his throat, breaking the tension that hung heavy in the air. His voice, serious and laden with concern, filled the space as he began to speak.

"I want to ask you something," Jungkook started, his gaze fixed on Taehyung who turned to face him, curious.

"Hmm... What's that?" Taehyung's curiosity was evident in his response, his brows furrowing slightly.

"Do you believe that there will be no harm if you guys stay together in the future?" Jungkook's concern for their safety weighed heavily in his question.

"I want to ensure y/n's safety above all else. I can't bear the thought of anything happening to her." Jungkook said.

Taehyung sighed, his expression troubled as he considered Jungkook's question. "I wish I could say yes, Jungkook, but..." he confessed, a sense of disappointment lacing his words.

"You know my dad isn't exactly an easy person to deal with."
Taehyung admitted, his disappointment evident as he recalled his father's troubling behavior.