CHAPTER 52

Y/n pov

Y/n pov

Upon uncovering the truth, my heart ached with pain. I had placed my trust in him above all, so how could he betray  like this? I despise being deceived, especially when the person I hold dear conceals secrets about my parents' death.

For so long, I believed they died in the war. Today, I discovered it was because of Taehyung. How could he hide this from me? He should have told me the truth.

I sobbed uncontrollably, hiding my face between my knees. It was all too much to bear; my eyes stung from relentless tears.

A knock echoed on the door, but I lacked the energy to open it. I remained seated, resembling a statue. My hair was tangled, and my face displayed the aftermath of nonstop crying.

The door creaked open, and I slowly raised my head to find Soyoung standing there, her expression filled with concern.

She walked toward me and enveloped me in a warm hug. That's exactly what I needed this time. I hugged her tightly, letting my tears flow freely. She softly caressed my back in a comforting manner.

"D-Do you know too?" She tightened the hug, not willing to let me go.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I'm so sorry," she whispered, patting my back, but my tears didn't cease.

Everyone lied to me. Why, God, why?  don't I deserve to know about my parents' death. Over these years, I've missed them so much.

"Please don't cry, y/nah. Please," she pleaded, still holding me in her embrace. After some time, I calmed down and pulled away from the hug. I looked down, taking a deep breath.

"Why - why is everyone hiding this from me?" She sighed, took my hand, and helped me stand up. She guided me towards the bed and  sit there. Handing me a glass of water, I took a few sips and calmed down. She sighed and sat beside me.

"Firstly, sorry for not telling you the truth. But do you know that your parents love Taehyung so much? They take care of him like their own child. That's why they have told your halmoni not to tell anyone about the truth before they took their last breath." Y/n listened, a furrowed expression on her face. What's that? Did my parents know about Taehyung?

"You should talk this with  Taehyung before thinking something regretful," she smiled and patted my shoulder.

"Maybe, he has a story to tell on his side too. Listen to him too,Before jumping into a consequence  hmm." But I cried  badly.

Why does everyone lie to me? I'm their daughter, so I have the full right to know the truth about my parents' death. The people I love with my whole heart lied to me. How could  they? I don't want to talk to anyone. It hurts so badly.

"He's also suffered like you in childhood, Y/nah. He's also gone through a lot of things. I don't want to say. You know it better than me. You can't just blame him. He loves you so much, Y/nah. Please, first listen to his side of the story too," Soyoung said, wiping my tears. I took a deep breath and nodded.