CHAPTER 56

Taehyung pov

Taehyung pov

We all gathered in the backyard after a long time apart. At first, I was furious with both of them, but they managed to calm me down and explain the situation inside the palace.

We sat in a circle, and there were three bottles of soju placed before us. To my surprise, Jungkook joined us after many persuasions from Jin hyung. I could sense his discomfort, knowing that the three of us were from royal families.

Jin hyung poured the soju into glasses and handed one to Jungkook, who accepted it with an expressionless face. I sighed and took a sip from my own glass.

"Taehyung, you can't stay here forever. And another thing, Dad is searching for you like a madman. He's furious," Jin said, his voice tinged with tension, causing me to look at him seriously.

"Especially y/n. If he finds her, you know what—" I growled, cutting off his sentence, gritting my teeth in anger.

No, he can't do anything until I'm alive. No one can lay a finger on Y/N. I promised myself that I would not let anything happen to her. I sighed and glanced at Jungkook, who was waiting for my response.

"I won't let anything happen to her," I said blankly, locking eyes with Jungkook.

"I believe you, Taehyung. But you both have a future. So, if you're considering anything, you have to think many times over," Jimin advised me, and I nodded.

"I have to tell you guys something very important." I took a deep breath, meeting their curious gazes. Maybe now was the best time to confess my decision.

"I and Y/N decided to get married," I announced, scanning their expressions. Jin and Jimin smiled at me, seemingly accepting of our decision. But when I glanced at Jungkook, his expression twisted into one of pure rage. Not again, I thought with a heavy sigh. He gritted his teeth, struggling to contain his anger. Why does he always react this way when it comes to me?

Jungkook gritted his teeth, struggling to contain his rage. "No, it won't happen," he declared, locking eyes with me. My blood boiled, my beast awakening within me. I rose from my seat in a fit of anger, the chair clattering to the floor behind me.

"I don't give a damn about your opinion. But it will happen," I spat out each word, my teeth clenched in frustration. How dare he oppose us like this?

"But she's my sister. I can't give permission to marry a murderer like you." With heavy steps, I advanced towards him, gripping his collar tightly in my fist.

"Hey, Taehyung, don't," Jin's voice rang out, but I ignored him. Right now, I didn't care about anything except confronting Jungkook.

"Do you really believe a ten-year-old could commit murder?" I retorted.

" BUT I DON'T WANT TO LET THIS HAPPEN," Jungkook shouted back, also grabbing my collar. We glared at each other, locked in a battle of wills.

"WHY? What's your problem with me?" I gritted my teeth , but before Jungkook could respond, someone intervened, pulling us apart. Jimin's hand rested on my shoulder, trying to calm me down, but I shook my head stubbornly.